</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
ISO gas golf cart
by Paint Rock 00. 04/27/24 06:55 PM
Taylormade irons and Ping 3W
by BamaBoHunter. 04/27/24 12:40 PM
.22 LR ammo for sale
by Rem870s2. 04/27/24 10:05 AM
ISO .22 pistol.
by hippi. 04/27/24 06:07 AM
Cva wolf 50. Cal
by Bows4evr. 04/26/24 11:49 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Kansas draw
by Hunter454. 04/27/24 06:05 PM
Southern Illinois Hunting
by Squeaky. 04/26/24 12:07 PM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/24/24 02:42 PM
Future of Camo
by globe. 04/23/24 04:20 PM
Neat IL buck Story
by pickenstj. 04/23/24 01:32 PM
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Help against Timber Company
by winlamberth. 04/17/24 11:31 PM
South Side Hunting Club (Baldwin County)
by Stickslinger91. 04/15/24 10:38 AM
Lease Prices in Lamar Co.
by Luxfisher. 04/12/24 05:38 PM
Who's Online Now
9 registered members (auman, Luke Stepp, JohnG, dave260rem!, BCLC, jake5050, Kemosabe, handihunter, 1 invisible), 740 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: Mudbug01] #2396383
02/04/18 12:57 AM
02/04/18 12:57 AM
LA/FL
Gig Offline
4 point
Gig  Offline
4 point
LA/FL
Its been three seasons now since my lease has been surrounded by a 6000 acre dog club. Not a big difference as far as my harvest goes, they use gps collers and Ive even hunted with them just not my thing. They will definality push it and set up on their side of the line, what you gona do? The problem is whith some of them trying to still hunt. They drive every road, firebreak, and property line dumping corn checking cameras not paying attention to wind, I suppose the usual BS that you you can get from any neighbor. All I care about is saftey first and show some respect. Ive had still hunt neighbors that were worse.

Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2396385
02/04/18 01:08 AM
02/04/18 01:08 AM
Andalusia, Al. Covington Co.
DEADorALIVE Offline
Old Mossy Horns
DEADorALIVE  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Andalusia, Al. Covington Co.
Originally Posted by skidboot77

Who is the game warden for Grove Hill?

Funny to see this now...I was shooting with his daughter this afternoon...

Captain Kenneth Blalock
30571 Five Rivers Blvd
Spanish Fort, AL 36527
(251) 626-5474

Well behaved women never make history.~ Out back
Quit laughing...I think I broke something.

Fifteen is my limit on Schnitzen-Gruben, Baby...

I have OCD and ADD, so everything has to be perfect, but only for a minute.
Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2396412
02/04/18 07:14 AM
02/04/18 07:14 AM
In a swamp
M
Mudbug01 Offline
spike
Mudbug01  Offline
spike
M
In a swamp
^^^ Calling them is a waste of time and energy!! They dont care anything at all about it..just dont bother them untill you catch them have them hog tied with video and then You need yo go down and swear out a warrant. And when your DONE doing all that they will get Mad,at you for reporting the trouble you are having. Your going to hear about how its crazy elsewhere and how your just not important enough for them to burn gas over trying to stop it..
Ive been going through the same garbage for years. They shot a doe one evening in my Front yard like really in my yard. I seen them get out open the back load the rifle and shoot her pregnant @$$.
Called DNR gave a Detailed description of them the vehicle and all the stickers on it. I was told to just leave the deer alone( now its 75 yards from my front door) So for 3 days I looked a that doe getting mad as heck. After 3rd day I drug all that wasted meat to the swamp. Never did see or hear from any DnR.. untill I had pictures of more poachers ( and girlfriends) with guns deer and lights) never did nothing.. waste of time. Just beat the snot out of them screw the friendships. Tell that club press if they dont respect you you dont respect them... start pouring out cheap ground black pepper on all the main trails they cast on. That works too. Oh and Trap and let them Know you have steel jaw traps out and cables out everywhere. Of course that wont help with the ones that just stole houns to poach in front of..

Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2396435
02/04/18 08:16 AM
02/04/18 08:16 AM
DIXIE
Emile Offline
4 point
Emile  Offline
4 point
DIXIE
We had the same problem in our club when we hunted in louisiana. The club that bordered us on the south side would always turn there dogs loose on the line on the weekends or days in was a north wind. And of course the dogs would be all over on our property. Well I had a talk with them numerous times, and they were arses. They would say dogs can't read signs dogs go where they go to do what they bread to do. This happened numerous times to us. I tried to be curtious and a nice guy every time this happened. So after I realized they didn't give a rats arse and was going to continue to do this I made one more try to speak to them and again they told me my dogs are going to do what they are bred to do. I said ok I agree. Have a good day. The next weekend I invited my cousin who happened to also bred a curtain bred of dogs. On Saturday morning the neighbors turned there dogs loose when they crossed our line we turned ours lose. Soon after two of there dogs were dead and another had two broken legs. The neighbors were PISSED!!! They came to us and before one of them could open there mouth. I said and I quote DONT SAY A DUCKING WORD. You told me dogs are dogs and they going to do what they bred to do. Well ours or dogs are dogs and they did what they were bred to do, now get the duck off my property!!! They never turned there dogs loose on my side again!!! I won't shoot a dog but I will let nature take care of nature!!!

NEVER STOP LEARNING!!!
Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2396462
02/04/18 08:41 AM
02/04/18 08:41 AM
louisiana
D
deerman24 Offline
10 point
deerman24  Offline
10 point
D
louisiana
I hunted with dogs in the past and I don't know for sure if they bother the deer or not, but what I do know is that they bother me. Sitting in a stand in the morning and hoping for some quietness and all you can hear is dogs howling, Killing deer is only part of my hunt the other part is the outdoors and quietness.

Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2396511
02/04/18 09:19 AM
02/04/18 09:19 AM
Thomasville, AL
H
Hogwild Offline
Booner
Hogwild  Offline
Booner
H
Thomasville, AL
The guy that owns the property by my lease has a diesel truck.
I hate to hear that thing crank up and him drive the roads that we share!

And log trucks/loggers..... frown
It should be against the Law for them to work during deer season!
They are hauling in and out through my lease.
If they are gonna be allowed to log during deer Season, they should have to go in before daylight and then haul their wood out at night.
There is no way for me to relax and enjoy the Outdoors with all of that stuff going on!!!!

Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2396641
02/04/18 11:42 AM
02/04/18 11:42 AM
Pine Hill, Al
sluggun Offline
8 point
sluggun  Offline
8 point
Pine Hill, Al
Hell I wish my neighbors would start back running dogs. It's a family of black guys and I've got 60 acres leased next to their 80 acres. They border me on the south and east side. They've got several places scattered around but not enough land in one block to legally run dogs anymore. They use to just run dogs on Saturday and you wouldn't see them again until the next Saturday. I've had pictures of them and the dogs on camera going around the property line and that same evening I'd have bucks on camera. I'm sure they shoot whateve runs by. Last year they quit running dogs and built a foodplot on the 80 acres. Since then my deer numbers have dropped and this year I haven't seen a deer while hunting and haven't had a buck on camera in weeks. So be careful what you wish for.

Team Rack Addicts
2016 Aldeer Deer Champions
Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: Hogwild] #2396679
02/04/18 12:34 PM
02/04/18 12:34 PM
'Possum Trot
59Hunter Offline
6 point
59Hunter  Offline
6 point
'Possum Trot
Originally Posted by Hogwild

If they are gonna be allowed to log during deer Season, they should have to go in before daylight and then haul their wood out at night.
There is no way for me to relax and enjoy the Outdoors with all of that stuff going on!!!!

Big difference, and I’m pretty sure you know that and were just trying to make a point. I’ve dog hunted, and am not against it. Mine, is a property rights issue. No one should have their right of use and enjoyment infringed, so that someone with no legal rights in the property is not inconvenienced. The right to exclude is a fundamental property right upon which no neighbor is entitled to infringe.

Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2396684
02/04/18 12:38 PM
02/04/18 12:38 PM
Slidell, La
perchjerker Offline
Freak of Nature
perchjerker  Offline
Freak of Nature
Slidell, La
Noise pollution is not the same as trespassing. Next time ask about that before you lease.

Thomas Jefferson. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Life is too short to only hunt and fish on weekends!

If being a dumbass was fatal some of you would be on your death bed!

Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2396714
02/04/18 01:22 PM
02/04/18 01:22 PM
Thomasville, AL
H
Hogwild Offline
Booner
Hogwild  Offline
Booner
H
Thomasville, AL
No, there are MANY that feel just as I described. Just read back through the posts over the past few years and you will see it yourself. For many, the fact that some choose to make drives and run dogs for them to enjoy the Outdoors is not ‘the right way’ to do it. The sheer sound of their activity ‘bothers’ them and they cannot ‘enjoy’ the Outdoors the way they want to; regardless of whether anything other than sound crosses the line or not!!!

And, instead of them moving somewhere that they can enjoy the Outdoors the way they want to.....they want everyone else to change and comply to their way of thinking.

Just my observation.

Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2396768
02/04/18 02:05 PM
02/04/18 02:05 PM
Tampa
B
Beer Belly Offline
Freak of Nature
Beer Belly  Offline
Freak of Nature
B
Tampa

Find a lawyer and let him hunt your lease for free if he will sue them for disturbing your hunting rights.

Sue them for the price of the lease, everyone's license on the lease, food plots, $ for gas to make the drive, etc. Get the lawsuit up to ~$100k, and force them to hire a lawyer to fight it in civil court. Prior to this have him send them certified letters stating that for $50k they can run dogs on your lease. The contract is initiated once one of their dogs are caught on camera or seen on your lease.

You drag them into court for a $$$ civil suit and it will stop.

--------------
For what it is worth: I still agree with me!
A big man will stand up for himself; a great man will stand up for others.
Processor Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1OTDcvGoo3puyO-CV10he3pH97IE
Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: Hogwild] #2396772
02/04/18 02:08 PM
02/04/18 02:08 PM
Pine Hill, Al
sluggun Offline
8 point
sluggun  Offline
8 point
Pine Hill, Al
No, there are MANY that feel just as I described. Just read back through the posts over the past few years and you will see it yourself. For many, the fact that some choose to make drives and run dogs for them to enjoy the Outdoors is not ‘the right way’ to do it. The sheer sound of their activity ‘bothers’ them and they cannot ‘enjoy’ the Outdoors the way they want to; regardless of whether anything other than sound crosses the line or not!!!

And, instead of them moving somewhere that they can enjoy the Outdoors the way they want to.....they want everyone else to change and comply to their way of thinking.

Just my observation.

Exactly Danny. Same goes for shooting young bucks. The "You shouldn't shoot them so they'll grow up to be big bucks and then I might can shoot him" mentality.

Team Rack Addicts
2016 Aldeer Deer Champions
Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2396871
02/04/18 03:31 PM
02/04/18 03:31 PM
Conecuh, AL
B
Backporch Offline
8 point
Backporch  Offline
8 point
B
Conecuh, AL
I grew up hunting with dogs and it was a great experience all around with family and friends but it was on large tracts of land with walker hounds that would in up in the next county. I don't remember any complaints but I do remember me and my brother learning to drive with a 3 on the column at 12 and 13 with CB and no adult to ride the roads and pick up dogs. So, I hate to see this tradition fade as many have because it builds fundamental relationships and experience that the youth of today need. Also, phone #'s were on collars and we rarely lost a dog but things have changed and I understand those that don't what dogs interfering with their hunting . Everyone has lawful property rights but we should also be morally right in our decisions and respect of others.

Antisocial behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world of conformists....Tesla
Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: Out back] #2396884
02/04/18 03:42 PM
02/04/18 03:42 PM
North AL
A
AU338MAG Offline
Old Mossy Horns
AU338MAG  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
A
North AL
Originally Posted by Out back
Originally Posted by hoggin

I think the sport would be better if we could take the whiners rights away because that's who'd divides and destroys the sport

In most cases, I agree with that logic.
But uniting with criminals is just as bad for hunting.
I will stand NOT with a poacher.

Outback, I agree completely. I have no problem with using dogs for deer until they enter my property. Then it becomes a nuisance. The problem is not the dogs it's the selfish, inconsiderate azzholes that have no respect for others rights to enjoy their property unmolested by their neighbors activities. Do what you want on your property, its none of my business, but I expect the same consideration in return.

Dying ain't much of a living boy...Josey Wales

Molon Labe
Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2397012
02/04/18 05:50 PM
02/04/18 05:50 PM
Lamar County
L
Luxfisher Offline
6 point
Luxfisher  Offline
6 point
L
Lamar County
When hunting became a business & not a social event that's when thing's went down hill.30 years ago in Lamar CO. most hunting was people in the community hunting together now a lot of those over 50 do not hunting because of land leased out from under them.

Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: Emile] #2397627
02/05/18 08:10 AM
02/05/18 08:10 AM
Sylacauga, AL
poorcountrypreacher Offline
Booner
poorcountrypreacher  Offline
Booner
Sylacauga, AL
Originally Posted by Emile
We had the same problem in our club when we hunted in louisiana. The club that bordered us on the south side would always turn there dogs loose on the line on the weekends or days in was a north wind. And of course the dogs would be all over on our property. Well I had a talk with them numerous times, and they were arses. They would say dogs can't read signs dogs go where they go to do what they bread to do. This happened numerous times to us. I tried to be curtious and a nice guy every time this happened. So after I realized they didn't give a rats arse and was going to continue to do this I made one more try to speak to them and again they told me my dogs are going to do what they are bred to do. I said ok I agree. Have a good day. The next weekend I invited my cousin who happened to also bred a curtain bred of dogs. On Saturday morning the neighbors turned there dogs loose when they crossed our line we turned ours lose. Soon after two of there dogs were dead and another had two broken legs. The neighbors were PISSED!!! They came to us and before one of them could open there mouth. I said and I quote DONT SAY A DUCKING WORD. You told me dogs are dogs and they going to do what they bred to do. Well ours or dogs are dogs and they did what they were bred to do, now get the duck off my property!!! They never turned there dogs loose on my side again!!! I won't shoot a dog but I will let nature take care of nature!!!

That was real thinking outside the box right there.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.
Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2397682
02/05/18 09:31 AM
02/05/18 09:31 AM
the Flatwoods
F
Fldoghunter Offline
6 point
Fldoghunter  Offline
6 point
F
the Flatwoods
I've thought about posting on this thread a few times and didn't. I am a dog hunter and I'm in Florida. Being from Fl, I am sick and tired of someone coming here and telling me what I should and shouldn't do. We get that all the time from people a lot farther north than Y'all are. That being said, as a dog hunter, I feel like I have to give my thoughts. If it gets closed in Al, that will give folks who want it closed in Fl more ammunition.

I think that any dog hunter that purposefully casts dogs on another persons property, or purposefully allows a pack of dogs to run across the line is a sorry individual. I also think anybody who shoots a collared dog for just being on there property is a sorry individual. More should be done to honor and respect your neighbor from both sides of the fence. Doghunters understand still hunters don't want dogs on their property, and 99% (around here anyways) try their darndest to keep their dogs on the right side of the fence. That's probably why you see trucks on the fence line of neighboring property. Surely they've lined the road to keep the dogs off your property. That also why you see them casting dogs on the fence line. If you went to the other side of the block and dogs jump quick, it's hard to get around the block quickly to keep them off your property.

If it's your property, then you have the right to not have dogs on it if that's what you want. I don't personally believe a dog or 2 padding through the woods or down a road has any effect on the deer hunting. I also don't even believe that a pack of dogs screaming through your property on a deer they've jumped somewhere else has much if any effect on the deer movement. I've watched too many deer feed while standing on the box waiting on the deer we were running to cross. I do think the dogs somewhat effect the daytime deer movement on property where they are beating the bushes and being hunted hard. As said before though, I do think its your right not to have that happen on land you own or lease foe still hunting.

Anybody shooting dogs that thinks the doghunter won't know exactly what happened when it happens is wrong, unless they aren't running tracking collars. The GPS collars used by most now tell you exactly where your dog is and what he is doing at all times. If I heard a shot from where my dog is and the dog suddenly stops moving, I'm headed that way quick, trespassing or not. What happens when I get there will be read about in the papers. It could go either way, and I wouldn't think the shooter would want to risk their life or freedom just because they are mad over some stupid deer.

If you are having constant problems with dogs on your property, you should get the game warden involved. If he won't do anything about it, go up the chain of command until you get ahold of someone who will. If you see a dog every now and then, try being a good neighbor and returning it to the owner and explain your concerns. A lot can usually be accomplished by being neighborly. Who knows, you might need help from them some day for something or another.

May the sound of hounds never die!
Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2397724
02/05/18 10:08 AM
02/05/18 10:08 AM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
Good posts

Let's not forget there's good and bad with everything. For some people. Dog hunting is a way of life and has a long tradition. The GPS technology is changing it for the better too. It's actually opened up more land for us to hunt.

Let me tell you what I showed up too Saturday. Farmer been there all weeks turning fields and getting ready. One of the landowners was there and walked up on me, while I was walking to my stand. No problem. I got a stand I can hunt across the creek I haven't hunted all year. Get in stand. Listened to some turkeys and the the neighbors on the 4 wheelers are giving it hell out in their field about a 150 yards from me. I just got down and was walking out on my property line when they decided to ride their property line. It's just part of it. Everyone was enjoying a beautiful weekend. And I ain't even mad, because I love hunting that much. I know it's only gonna get worse in the future. Lands getting smaller. But it's hard to stay upset when you ride through such beautiful property at sunset smile

For without victory, there is no survival
Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: Fldoghunter] #2397744
02/05/18 10:24 AM
02/05/18 10:24 AM
USA
R
Remington270 Offline
Freak of Nature
Remington270  Offline
Freak of Nature
R
USA
Originally Posted by Fldoghunter

If it's your property, then you have the right to not have dogs on it if that's what you want. I don't personally believe a dog or 2 padding through the woods or down a road has any effect on the deer hunting. I also don't even believe that a pack of dogs screaming through your property on a deer they've jumped somewhere else has much if any effect on the deer movement.

I love how the dog hunters act like they're real particular about keeping dogs on their property, BUT if they don't, it's no big deal.

I think most non-dog hunters would disagree with that. And if you respect property rights, as you say you do, it goes both ways.

Re: Dog Hunting Issues again [Re: skidboot77] #2397762
02/05/18 10:39 AM
02/05/18 10:39 AM
Sylacauga, AL
poorcountrypreacher Offline
Booner
poorcountrypreacher  Offline
Booner
Sylacauga, AL

>>>>If I heard a shot from where my dog is and the dog suddenly stops moving, I'm headed that way quick, trespassing or not. What happens when I get there will be read about in the papers. It could go either way,<<<<

I find it interesting that you think landowners should just call the GW to handle it if they are having problems with dog hunters, but if you suspect someone has shot your dog then you are going to take the law into your own hands and enter their property with a gun and prepared for a gun fight. Does that not seem at all inconsistent to you?

I have been on both sides of dog hunting and finally gave it up because we couldn't keep our dogs on our land. And I have caught dog hunters on our land on several times, and they always said they were just looking for the dogs. But 100% of the time they had a gun in their hands. Why do they need a gun to look for dogs? I always asked, but never got an answer to that.

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.