</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Looking for Youth Model Remington 7
by Runningdeer. 05/14/24 09:40 PM
Little Giant Megalite ladder
by Rem870s2. 05/14/24 06:33 PM
2012 Club Car with gas engine
by longshot. 05/14/24 05:51 PM
How to pay Skinny
by Ben Cochran. 05/14/24 03:31 PM
Christensen arms 308
by frankj. 05/14/24 02:58 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Tennessee
by LetOff. 05/15/24 06:59 AM
Taxidermist called
by Big Game Hunter. 05/15/24 12:13 AM
Meat hunt outfitter?
by TDog93. 05/13/24 09:11 PM
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by TDog93. 05/12/24 07:06 PM
Ohio record typical
by Big Bore. 05/12/24 04:47 PM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Franklin county Al
by BigBuck10. 05/11/24 09:29 AM
Eastern Coosa County Hog
by Morris. 05/09/24 10:53 AM
Lowndes county club
by Doeslayer44. 05/07/24 10:11 AM
Looking for Turkey Hunting Land
by Nightwatchman. 05/06/24 01:46 PM
Need dozer work. Cullman area
by Trecker1. 05/02/24 02:33 PM
Who's Online Now
140 registered members (abamadude, chevydude2015, Ol’Tom, Gobbler1, Tree Dweller, Weedpicker, Bigem1958, Fishbones, jdhunter2011, CrimsonWSM, Turkey, Brian_C, turkey247, Wapiti55, Nightwatchman, AU7MM08, mcninja, Chiller, Turkey Petter, AU338MAG, jamesm1976, Andalusia, 7PTSPREAD, coldtrail, cdaddy14, Runningdeer, Solothurn, KHOOKS, clayk, Skillet, Tracker, treemydog, BC_Reb, bamaeyedoc, Gobl4me, blade, C3SEAST, top cat, OldgoatTN68, dustymac, Hunting-231, tucker07, FreeStateHunter, hallb, Mike0360, zgobbler5, Squadron77, fur_n_feathers, coonhunterrn, Bread, KnightRyder, NVM1031, WEMOhunter, lectrode, jhardy, beerhunter, Showout, SharpSpur, mathews prostaff, RebFormanUDA, KENT, outdoorguy88, Forrestgump1, cullbuck, capehorn24, Pwyse, Bronco 74, Mully, Jtb51b, Jmfire722, BayedUp, JohnnyLoco, Hoytdad10, TurkeyJoe, SwampHunter, oakachoy, HBWALKER14, Kicker, Reptar, rickyh_2, BD, GKM, Floorman1, cchoque93, MadMallard, RCHRR, globe, BCLC, BhamFred, XVIII, Mdees, oldforester, Johnal3, Gobble4me757, buzzard, BrowningGuy88, Bustinbeards, Lil_Fella, bug54, 10 POINT, jsubrett6, corvettedad123, aubigmac, ALMODUX, coachg34, Jdkprp70, BPI, skymech, Skullworks, RareBreed, donia, Smitty4Bama, Turkey_neck, scrubbuck, deadeye48, MikeP, johnv, ImThere, having fun now, Shotts, JDW25, BentBarrel, YellaLineHunter, bn163, CouchNapper, CeeHawk37, JohnG, mccarrc, mayberry51, Cuz-Pat, Beer Belly, Fedex 1, 8 invisible), 1,363 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Troy Police [Re: Gunpowder] #2348664
12/29/17 09:03 AM
12/29/17 09:03 AM
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
leroycnbucks Offline
Freak of Nature
leroycnbucks  Offline
Freak of Nature
Buc-ee’s Beach Express
Prayers for one of officer's and his family while the media and internet portray him as the bad guy.

I've never chased anyone down that was running from me, but I'm guessing that when you are a big dude and you grab a smaller person from behind and ride them down to the ground it will knock an eye socket loose among other things.

Proud Army and ALNG veteran
God Bless America!
Re: Troy Police [Re: jawbone] #2348686
12/29/17 09:27 AM
12/29/17 09:27 AM
Greene County
C
Canez Offline
3 point
Canez  Offline
3 point
C
Greene County

Originally Posted By: jawbone
Originally Posted By: Canez
Originally Posted By: Remington270
Originally Posted By: IDOT
He ran, officers caught him. The first question that has to be answered is what did they arrest him for? Running from the police is not a crime.

Really???

So if a cop walks up and says I need to talk with you and you run, that isn't against the law?

N
Correct. Running isn't against the law. Running from police can be used a reasonable suspicion to pursue the guy, though. And talking to the police isn't obligatory. In fact, we have a thing called the 5th amendment to the constitution that is a pesky little detail that allows us as citizens not to be forced to talk to police. EVEN if you're innocent or uninvolved with a crime or potential crime.
Our forefathers really were brilliant.

Well if the cop is placing you under arrest and then you take off they can charge you with evading arrest. Some states you can even be slapped with evading arrest if you know that person is a police officer and you run.

Not in Alabama, which by the way, is where this occurred. Now some cities, like the one I worked in, have a catch-all, won't hold constitutional muster, Ordinance titled "Refusing to Obey a Reasonable Order By an Officer". So if you run and an officer tells you to stop you broke that law. On more than one occasion I've seen that be the only charge an officer can come up with when they catch the guy.

BTW, being arrested is different. That is why the first question this officer must answer is, what was he arrested for?

Yes I know its different but when you come out from behind a closed business at night and take off full speed when a cop exits the vehicle that is probable cause for him to detain you. I think we can all agree this wouldn't have happened if he just answered their questions.

They charged him with obstruction of justice and resisting arrest. Apparently all charges have now been dropped after the media picked it up due to them beating the chit out of him.

Re: Troy Police [Re: Canez] #2348688
12/29/17 09:29 AM
12/29/17 09:29 AM
Arab/Stevenson AL
Recurve Offline
10 point
Recurve  Offline
10 point
Arab/Stevenson AL

He ran, officers caught him. The first question that has to be answered is what did they arrest him for? Running from the police is not a crime.

Really???

So if a cop walks up and says I need to talk with you and you run, that isn't against the law?

N
Correct. Running isn't against the law. Running from police can be used a reasonable suspicion to pursue the guy, though. And talking to the police isn't obligatory. In fact, we have a thing called the 5th amendment to the constitution that is a pesky little detail that allows us as citizens not to be forced to talk to police. EVEN if you're innocent or uninvolved with a crime or potential crime.

Well if the cop is placing you under arrest and then you take off they can charge you with evading arrest. Some states you can even be slapped with evading arrest if you know that person is a police officer and you run.

Not in Alabama, which by the way, is where this occurred. Now some cities, like the one I worked in, have a catch-all, won't hold constitutional muster, Ordinance titled "Refusing to Obey a Reasonable Order By an Officer". So if you run and an officer tells you to stop you broke that law. On more than one occasion I've seen that be the only charge an officer can come up with when they catch the guy.

BTW, being arrested is different. That is why the first question this officer must answer is, what was he arrested for?

Yes I know its different but when you come out from behind a closed business at night and take off full speed when a cop exits the vehicle that is probable cause for him to detain you. I think we can all agree this wouldn't have happened if he just answered their questions.

They charged him with obstruction of justice and resisting arrest. Apparently all charges have now been dropped after the media picked it up due to them beating the chit out of him.

They'll probably just cancel the protest and all that now.

I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There�s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts. � Ronald Reagan
Re: Troy Police [Re: Recurve] #2348692
12/29/17 09:31 AM
12/29/17 09:31 AM
Greene County
C
Canez Offline
3 point
Canez  Offline
3 point
C
Greene County
Originally Posted By: Recurve

Really???

N

They'll probably just cancel the protest and all that now.

I also misspoke I apologize. Running from them is reasonable suspicion for them to stop him not probable cause.

Re: Troy Police [Re: Gunpowder] #2348696
12/29/17 09:38 AM
12/29/17 09:38 AM
prattville,al
R
rrhunter Offline
4 point
rrhunter  Offline
4 point
R
prattville,al
I almost had to shoot a 17 year old that tried to run me over with his car for a tank of stolen gas. Fortunately I was able to get out of the way before he pinned me into the parked car that was behind me. While hid did take a trip to the emergency room for stitches to his head,he lived that night. While I don't know of the circumstances here just keep in mind that 17 year olds kill cops too

Last edited by rrhunter; 12/29/17 09:55 AM.

Re: Troy Police [Re: leroycnbucks] #2348702
12/29/17 09:42 AM
12/29/17 09:42 AM
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
jawbone Offline
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline
Freak of Nature
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
Originally Posted By: leroycnbucks
Prayers for one of officer's and his family while the media and internet portray him as the bad guy.

I've never chased anyone down that was running from me, but I'm guessing that when you are a big dude and you grab a smaller person from behind and ride them down to the ground it will knock an eye socket loose among other things.

From what I gather, he will be alright in that he had a reasonable suspicion to stop the kid and question him since it was behind some businesses at night, but the tricky part is going to coming up with charges that the kid resisted on. Hopefully for the officer and the city, Troy has an Ordinance to cover this.

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.
Re: Troy Police [Re: Gunpowder] #2348705
12/29/17 09:44 AM
12/29/17 09:44 AM
alabama
outdoors1 Offline
10 point
outdoors1  Offline
10 point
alabama
Don't resist arrest and grab for a gun or you may get a beat down while they are trying to get the gun away from you! Now if they just beat him that is different.

Re: Troy Police [Re: Gunpowder] #2348720
12/29/17 09:59 AM
12/29/17 09:59 AM
Pike County, AL
Fuzzy_Bunny Offline
Booner
Fuzzy_Bunny  Offline
Booner
Pike County, AL
There had been a burglary two blocks away, shortly before the officers contacted this youn man, so it is safe to assume they had reason to question him when he came out from behind a closed business.

I also read where the officers recovered a handgun along the route they had chased him on.

Re: Troy Police [Re: jawbone] #2348724
12/29/17 10:02 AM
12/29/17 10:02 AM
Guntersville, AL
IDOT Offline
I am Cornholio
IDOT  Offline
I am Cornholio
Guntersville, AL
I couldn't list all the 13-17 YOA kids that committed murders or shot someone trying to kill them. I give you two names that I personally arrested numerous times and then they finally shot, killed, and robbed a City Worker that stopped to help them when their car broke down late at night. One is on death row, unless it has been commuted to life since he was a juvie when it occurred. The other is his brother who took a plea for a life sentence.

Matthew and Julius Reeves. Pretty sure you can look them up on the ADOC website.

A quick search didn't show Matthew but Julius is still in Holman with 999years, 99 months and 364 days left to serve.

I hope they didn't let Mathew out. Probably the most cold blooded person I ever came across. I always felt like he was worse than Julius.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/search.aspx?filename=/docket/docketfiles/html/public/16-9282.html

http://www.cncpunishment.com/forums/showthread.php?4883-Matthew-Reeves-Alabama-Death-Row

Last edited by IDOT; 12/29/17 10:04 AM.

Originally Posted by Patricia Heaton
If you’re a common sense person, you probably don’t feel you have a home in this world right now. If you’re a Christian, you know you were never meant to.

Re: Troy Police [Re: GKelly] #2349009
12/29/17 02:48 PM
12/29/17 02:48 PM
Shelby Co, AL
CatHeadBiscuit Offline
14 point
CatHeadBiscuit  Offline
14 point
Shelby Co, AL
Originally Posted By: GKelly
If that was my kid he'd be more worried about me beating his ass for running from the cops in the first place after they done had their turn with him. My son would probably still be sitting in jail scared to call home.

Dad I thought you was gone to meet our maker!

Last edited by CatHeadBiscuit; 12/29/17 02:50 PM.

"Arguing on the internet is like playing chess with a pigeon. You may be good at chess, but the pigeon is just going to knock all the pieces down, take a crap on the table, and strut around like its victorious."--Anonymous
Re: Troy Police [Re: Gunpowder] #2349014
12/29/17 02:52 PM
12/29/17 02:52 PM
alabama
BhamFred Online mad
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Online Mad
Freak of Nature
alabama
refusing to comply with a direct order and reaching into yer waistband is grounds for shooting his azz. He got off lucky.

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one
Re: Troy Police [Re: Gunpowder] #2349033
12/29/17 03:07 PM
12/29/17 03:07 PM
Anytown. usa
pcamper Offline
10 point
pcamper  Offline
10 point
Anytown. usa
What’s the problem here?? That little darling looked to me he was just taking a little nap.

Lone Watie: I'm glad you stopped me when you did. I might have killed her
Re: Troy Police [Re: hoggin] #2349047
12/29/17 03:19 PM
12/29/17 03:19 PM
AL
C
Cummins Offline
4 point
Cummins  Offline
4 point
C
AL

Originally Posted By: hoggin
Originally Posted By: goodman_hunter

You know it's messed up because you were there and you've dealt with 17yo kids who've already been to prison for murder a couple times correct. Otherwise you don't know if it was messed up or not

how many of them do you know?

rofl silliest thing i've heard all week

I don't know anyone involved personally but with over 10 years in the streets of west Birmingham to reflect back on, Im comfortable thinking you're one to run your mouth with little to none on knowledge or experience

and yes I used to know of several 17 yo, 16 yo 13yo and even one 10yo that had already been convicted of one or more murder/ att. murder charges and were out.
Not enough room and if not tried as an adult, which is way less common than it should be, it would blow your mind how fast they get out when under age.

Hope your beat was not Wylam or around that area being west birmingham.

Re: Troy Police [Re: Gunpowder] #2349054
12/29/17 03:24 PM
12/29/17 03:24 PM
alabama
BhamFred Online mad
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Online Mad
Freak of Nature
alabama
hoggin has more direct experience with street hoods than alll the rest of us on here combined X2

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one
Re: Troy Police [Re: Cummins] #2349062
12/29/17 03:28 PM
12/29/17 03:28 PM
McCalla
H
hoggin Offline
10 point
hoggin  Offline
10 point
H
McCalla
Originally Posted By: Cummins

You know it's messed up because you were there and you've dealt with 17yo kids who've already been to prison for murder a couple times correct. Otherwise you don't know if it was messed up or not

how many of them do you know?

rofl silliest thing i've heard all week

I don't know anyone involved personally but with over 10 years in the streets of west Birmingham to reflect back on, Im comfortable thinking you're one to run your mouth with little to none on knowledge or experience

and yes I used to know of several 17 yo, 16 yo 13yo and even one 10yo that had already been convicted of one or more murder/ att. murder charges and were out.
Not enough room and if not tried as an adult, which is way less common than it should be, it would blow your mind how fast they get out when under age.

Hope your beat was not Wylam or around that area being west birmingham.

West Ensley Wylam and Dolomite for about half of it from the Brickyard at 20th and P to the Fairfield city limits all the way over to Hueytown

Wynnonah powderly and West end the other half

I was in a gun fight 18min into my first shift and it really got wild after that slow start

Last edited by hoggin; 12/29/17 03:30 PM.
Re: Troy Police [Re: Gunpowder] #2349233
12/29/17 05:39 PM
12/29/17 05:39 PM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
I guess I missed the answer. How many 17 year olds did you say you know that are walking the streets after going to prison on multiple murder charge's?

For without victory, there is no survival
Re: Troy Police [Re: goodman_hunter] #2349251
12/29/17 05:51 PM
12/29/17 05:51 PM
Alabama
Jakethesnake Offline
The Flippin’ Idiot That Could Care Less
Jakethesnake  Offline
Alabama
I guess I missed the answer. How many 17 year olds did you say you know that are walking the streets after going to prison on multiple murder charge's?

Thats what i was thinking too. And i aint never ever seen a car that still wants to crank for 20 seconds after the key is off? Unless is has a starter solenoid problem or a starter wire is hooked up wrong. Im still waiting on that answer hoggin. From f150 wont start thread. rofl

Re: Troy Police [Re: goodman_hunter] #2349253
12/29/17 05:52 PM
12/29/17 05:52 PM
Central AL
March15 Offline
10 point
March15  Offline
10 point
Central AL

He said 3 or 4. Some as young as 10.

He worked the Southwest side of bham. I’m surprised his numbers aren’t higher.

Re: Troy Police [Re: Jakethesnake] #2349263
12/29/17 05:56 PM
12/29/17 05:56 PM
Central AL
March15 Offline
10 point
March15  Offline
10 point
Central AL
Originally Posted By: Jakethesnake

Thats what i was thinking too. And i aint never ever seen a car that still wants to crank for 20 seconds after the key is off? Unless is has a starter solenoid problem or a starter wire is hooked up wrong. Im still waiting on that answer hoggin. From f150 wont start thread. rofl

On newer vehicles, whether it is key or push to start, after you turn the key(or press the button) the vehicle will try to start for several seconds. My f250 is 2014. If you turn the key and let go, it will crank. My old truck you have to keep the key turned for a second or two while it is cranking.

Edit:If the newer vehicle has a fuel problem, etc, it will continue to try to start (for about 20 seconds) until it gives up. Old vehicles only tried to crank when you had the key turned. This isn’t going to make sense if you drive an older vehicle.

Last edited by March15; 12/29/17 05:59 PM.
Re: Troy Police [Re: Gunpowder] #2349285
12/29/17 06:09 PM
12/29/17 06:09 PM
Alabama
Jakethesnake Offline
Jakethesnake  Offline
Alabama
I got ya now. Im out of date. I hate it when im wrong. But im wrong ha

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.