</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
WTB 2nd Gen Tacoma
by Turkeyhunter12. 05/08/24 10:18 PM
27 Gal 200psi Fortress Compressor
by ValleyDawg. 05/08/24 04:11 PM
2 Bear Archery Bows for only $200
by ValleyDawg. 05/08/24 04:07 PM
Kamado Joe extra large egg
by Peach. 05/08/24 03:42 PM
ISO 600/800 Series Ford tractor
by Turkeyneck78. 05/08/24 01:24 PM
Serious Deer Talk
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by BAR1225. 05/09/24 12:19 AM
Meat hunt outfitter?
by jawbone. 05/08/24 08:06 PM
Kansas Bowhunt timing
by Mbrock. 05/08/24 01:11 PM
Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump
by marshmud991. 05/06/24 05:08 PM
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by Overland. 05/06/24 02:53 PM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Lowndes county club
by Doeslayer44. 05/07/24 10:11 AM
Looking for Turkey Hunting Land
by Nightwatchman. 05/06/24 01:46 PM
Need dozer work. Cullman area
by Trecker1. 05/02/24 02:33 PM
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Who's Online Now
10 registered members (jaderhold, JD_Bowhunter1976, Gobl4me, MoeBuck, 7mmSTW, Gut Pile 32, Jweeks, Tree Dweller, BC, 1 invisible), 1,230 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Bad puppy [Re: goodman_hunter] #1768042
06/23/16 03:56 AM
06/23/16 03:56 AM
Mobile, AL
S
SouthBamaSlayer Offline
Gary's Fluffer
SouthBamaSlayer  Offline
Gary's Fluffer
S
Mobile, AL

Originally Posted By: goodman_hunter
Originally Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer
I know people that say "it's all about how they're raised," but I ain't ever seen a labrador retriever tear someone to pieces.

from the article
"According to animal control, reported bites come from a variety of dog breeds. The attacks in the past month do not just include pit bulls but also Labrador retrievers, huskies, bulldogs and chihuahuas, to name a few."

dustin the temperment test is usually done by an impartial group. The pitbull score in the top percentil. And its only a small percentage that bite. Same thing with guns. It only takes one idiot to make the rest look bad.

I didn't say they wouldn't bite. Heck, my lab is as nice as they come, but if I'm threatened and she knows it, she will defend me and our territory. I said I haven't seen a lab "tear someone to pieces." Pitbulls don't just bite, they destroy people.

Re: Bad puppy [Re: R_H_Clark] #1768045
06/23/16 03:59 AM
06/23/16 03:59 AM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county

Originally Posted By: R_H_Clark
I know people that say "it's all about how they're raised," but I ain't ever seen a labrador retriever tear someone to pieces.

from the article
"According to animal control, reported bites come from a variety of dog breeds. The attacks in the past month do not just include pit bulls but also Labrador retrievers, huskies, bulldogs and chihuahuas, to name a few."

dustin the temperment test is usually done by an impartial group. The pitbull score in the top percentil. And its only a small percentage that bite. Same thing with guns. It only takes one idiot to make the rest look bad.

How many of those other dogs killed somebody? That's what you can't seem to understand.

i dont know, and you dont either

For without victory, there is no survival
Re: Bad puppy [Re: goodman_hunter] #1768060
06/23/16 04:11 AM
06/23/16 04:11 AM
Mobile, AL
S
SouthBamaSlayer Offline
Gary's Fluffer
SouthBamaSlayer  Offline
Gary's Fluffer
S
Mobile, AL

from the article

How many of those other dogs killed somebody? That's what you can't seem to understand.

But that's the thing, if there were cases of it happening, you would hear about it.

Re: Bad puppy [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #1768064
06/23/16 04:16 AM
06/23/16 04:16 AM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county

from the article

But that's the thing, if there were cases of it happening, you would hear about it.

i doubt it, only if he was carry an ar, or he belonged to a white cop and killed a black suspect, or maby he was muslum. "Lab attacks" just isnt sensational enough to make headlines.

Re: Bad puppy [Re: timbercruiser] #1768070
06/23/16 04:24 AM
06/23/16 04:24 AM
bessemer, al
H
hunterturf Offline
14 point
hunterturf  Offline
14 point
H
bessemer, al
I've been cornered in yards several times by several different breeds of dogs, every time it was a lab I just acted like I had a ball in my hand and threw it and the altercation was over &#128518;

Give me bout 15 more minutes, I was dreamin about beavers..........
Si Robertson
Re: Bad puppy [Re: MarksOutdoors] #1768104
06/23/16 05:03 AM
06/23/16 05:03 AM
alabama
BhamFred Offline
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Offline
Freak of Nature
alabama
Originally Posted By: MarksOutdoors

My uncle has two labs that I wouldn't turn my back on. I have read temperament tests where labs have ranked in the top five breeds for aggression.

horseshit.....not that I don't believe you read it, but that is absolute horseshit.

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one
Re: Bad puppy [Re: extreme heights hunter] #1768118
06/23/16 05:23 AM
06/23/16 05:23 AM
Odenville, AL
Flyway Offline
8 point
Flyway  Offline
8 point
Odenville, AL
Originally Posted By: extreme heights hunter
Originally Posted By: Wiley Coyote
There have been a few introduced into the neighborhood here but they never last very long. Something in the air I guess.

Sure wish you could bottle some of that air and sell it.

I believe it comes in a box, not a bottle.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! - Patrick Henry
Re: Bad puppy [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #1768132
06/23/16 05:41 AM
06/23/16 05:41 AM
34°25'49.80"N 86°55'46.99"...
gman Offline
Booner
gman  Offline
Booner
My right calf says "hello".

The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
Re: Bad puppy [Re: gman] #1768161
06/23/16 06:17 AM
Mobile, AL
S
SouthBamaSlayer Offline
Gary's Fluffer
SouthBamaSlayer  Offline
Gary's Fluffer
S
Mobile, AL

Originally Posted By: gman

And what exactly happened with said calf?

Re: Bad puppy [Re: goodman_hunter] #1768162
Odenville, AL
Flyway Offline
8 point
Flyway  Offline
8 point
Odenville, AL

from the article

Statistically speaking, the labrador retriever is the most registered dog in the US (by a factor of almost 2 to 1 over 2nd place) according to the AKC. It would only make sense that there would be records of labrador retriever bites.

Some of you need to apply your logic concerning Muslims to pit bulls, as well.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! - Patrick Henry
Re: Bad puppy [Re: goodman_hunter] #1768175
06/23/16 06:26 AM
06/23/16 06:26 AM
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama

from the article

Yes I do know!

In 2014 alone Pitts killed people in 64% of all the dog attack deaths even though they are only 6% of the dog population!

The next most dangerous dog on the list was Rottweilers which on average killed someone every 96 days as compared to the Pitt which in contrast killed someone every 18 days.

Pits and Rottweilers alone contributed 83% of all dog bite fatalities.

Those are the facts that you don't want to accept. I'll not argue any more about it though because you have your mind already made up and facts won't change it. It's like trying to convince a democrat that Hillary is guilty.

Re: Bad puppy [Re: timbercruiser] #1768230
06/23/16 07:14 AM
06/23/16 07:14 AM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
clark
maybe you should find out how your source arrived at that numbers. I'm serious.

and for the last paragraph. Since I stated seeing this propaganda on here, I knew something wasnt right. Cause I have been around these dogs alot, and this info was conflicting. Since the first argument, on aldeer, that I have been involved in. I have done alot of research on the subject. From both sides. Lately I havent even responded, I just go and research some more. My stance hasnt changed, even after hours and hours of research. Most of the nay sayers mind hasnt changed either, but i'm even more confident than ever, that i'm right

Re: Bad puppy [Re: timbercruiser] #1768254
06/23/16 07:38 AM
06/23/16 07:38 AM
Remlap
Reno Offline
10 point
Reno  Offline
10 point
Remlap
Most that own pits think the aggression is cute when they are puppies so they encourage it but cant control it when the dog is full grown.. ive had several pits and my dad still does and from my experience, trust your own dog. My dads pits are just baby's to us but they will bite you, i have no doubt. Been around them since puppies so they know me but i dont let me son around them because they are aggressive... Most people can afford the dog but not what it takes to contain them. Bought a 10x10 kennell 6' tall... put the dog in, shut the gate, turned around and the dog beat me to the door. A cheap, dinky fence will not hold them

Roads? Where we're going, we dont need roads. ~Doc brown
Re: Bad puppy [Re: goodman_hunter] #1768277
06/23/16 07:51 AM
06/23/16 07:51 AM
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama
clark

and for the last paragraph. Since I stated seeing this propaganda on here, I knew something wasnt right. Cause I have been around these dogs alot, and this info was conflicting. Since the first argument, on aldeer, that I have been involved in. I have done alot of research on the subject. From both sides. Lately I havent even responded, I just go and research some more. My stance hasnt changed, even after hours and hours of research. Most of the nay sayers mind hasnt changed either, but i'm even more confident than ever, that i'm right

Yes, my statistics are totally wrong. There's a national conspiracy to trash the good name of the Pitt. There are many more times the number of vicious attacks by all other dogs but all that news is suppressed by the conspiracy.

Kind of sounds crazy when you really think about it doesn't it. Sort of like the reasoning of a democrat supporting Hillary.

Re: Bad puppy [Re: SouthBamaSlayer] #1768291
06/23/16 08:03 AM
06/23/16 08:03 AM
gman Offline
Booner
gman  Offline
Booner

Originally Posted By: gman

And what exactly happened with said calf?
Got out of car at cuz's house. Got 12pk of correct beer out of back seat. Turn and start walking towards his barn...next thing I know, my leg is burning and I feel a tug. Look down and his black lab has ahold of my leg. @#*&@&@$% shoulda been shot on spot, but his girls were present and I couldn't do that to them. Guess I shoulda gotten a full case instead of a 12pk?!

Last edited by gman; 06/23/16 08:06 AM.

The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
Re: Bad puppy [Re: R_H_Clark] #1768375
06/23/16 09:36 AM
06/23/16 09:36 AM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
clark

Yes, my statistics are totally wrong. There's a national conspiracy to trash the good name of the Pitt. There are many more times the number of vicious attacks by all other dogs but all that news is suppressed by the conspiracy.

Kind of sounds crazy when you really think about it doesn't it. Sort of like the reasoning of a democrat supporting Hillary.

not necessarily suppressed, but why not just call it a pit so you get more hits. So were did you get your stats at anyway? And thats the 2nd time you've throwed up democrat, why is that?

Re: Bad puppy [Re: goodman_hunter] #1768377
06/23/16 09:41 AM
06/23/16 09:41 AM
Mobile, AL
S
SouthBamaSlayer Offline
Gary's Fluffer
SouthBamaSlayer  Offline
Gary's Fluffer
S
Mobile, AL

clark

not necessarily suppressed, but why not just call it a pit so you get more hits. So were did you get your stats at anyway? And thats the 2nd time you've throwed up democrat, why is that?

Because Democrats don't listen to factual evidence.

Re: Bad puppy [Re: timbercruiser] #1768384
06/23/16 09:51 AM
06/23/16 09:51 AM
coffee county
goodman_hunter Offline
Booner
goodman_hunter  Offline
Booner
coffee county
i havent seen any facts

Re: Bad puppy [Re: timbercruiser] #1768410
06/23/16 10:22 AM
06/23/16 10:22 AM
ATHENS AL
Northbamabucks Offline
Piddle Master
Northbamabucks  Offline
Piddle Master
ATHENS AL
pitts are a highly misunderstood breed. Its all about how they are raised and the bloodline. Most of my family has or had a pitt. The worst thing they have ever done is he got excited knocked there 2 year old son down because he was running around playing like any other dog would be. IMO id be nervous around a German Shepard. We know way to many people that have had german shepards and they had to get rid of them because they were too aggressive. As far as labs being aggressive my black lab is as calm as can be ( besides the occasional running around the house lol)

Last edited by Northbamabucks; 06/23/16 10:22 AM.

Its better to sit in a stand and think about God, then to sit in church and think about hunting.

Re: Bad puppy [Re: goodman_hunter] #1768421
06/23/16 10:38 AM
06/23/16 10:38 AM
NW Alabama
R
R_H_Clark Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R_H_Clark  Offline
Leupold Pro Staff
R
NW Alabama
i havent seen any facts

That's why I have mentioned democrats and Hillary. I'm not mad at you and I'm not accusing you of being a democrat. I was hoping you could see that you selectively hear and believe just like they do.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.