</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
ISO boxblade
by kntree. 05/07/24 09:48 PM
WTB: 20ga remchoke
by AU7MM08. 05/07/24 05:01 PM
G Force AR style 12ga
by MikeP. 05/07/24 02:29 PM
Winchester sx4 20 ga $900
by CrappieMan. 05/07/24 02:22 PM
WTB 3” Remington 870 20 gauge
by JUGHEAD. 05/07/24 10:55 AM
Serious Deer Talk
For the Don’t Shoot Does Crowd
by Mbrock. 05/07/24 10:17 PM
Kansas Bowhunt timing
by ColeT. 05/07/24 02:57 PM
Springtime and refreshin' your Clorox stump
by marshmud991. 05/06/24 05:08 PM
Meat hunt outfitter?
by Snuffy. 05/06/24 03:28 PM
Who's got the best deer hunting in AL
by Overland. 05/06/24 02:53 PM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Lowndes county club
by Doeslayer44. 05/07/24 10:11 AM
Looking for Turkey Hunting Land
by Nightwatchman. 05/06/24 01:46 PM
Need dozer work. Cullman area
by Trecker1. 05/02/24 02:33 PM
Looking for 24-25….Turkey land, or all game
by ALMODUX. 04/27/24 06:46 AM
Hunting Lease Insurance
by mw2015. 04/23/24 07:49 PM
Who's Online Now
7 registered members (Tree Dweller, Geezer, Turkeyneck78, Gut Pile 32, 3 invisible), 766 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Cruz Officially Throws His Hat in the Ring [Re: leroycnbucks] #1306570
03/23/15 09:00 AM
Panhandle Florida
PaschalBD Offline
Used to be TiderBD
PaschalBD  Offline
Used to be TiderBD
Panhandle Florida
In 2012, Ted Cruz was elected as the 34th U.S. Senator from Texas. A passionate fighter for limited government, economic growth, and the Constitution, Ted won a decisive victory in both the Republican primary and the general election, despite having never before been elected to office.

Propelled by tens of thousands of grassroots activists across Texas, Teds election has been described by the Washington Post as the biggest upset of 2012 . . . a true grassroots victory against very long odds.

National Review has described Ted as a great Reaganite hope, columnist George Will has described him as as good as it gets, and the National Federation of Independent Business characterized his election as critical to the small-business owners in [Texas, and], also to protecting free enterprise across America.

Teds calling to public service is inspired largely by his first-hand observation of the pursuit of freedom and opportunity in America. Teds mother was born in Delaware to an Irish and Italian working-class family; she became the first in her family to go to college, graduated from Rice University with a degree in mathematics, and became a pioneering computer programmer in the 1950s.

Teds father was born in Cuba, fought in the revolution, and was imprisoned and tortured. He fled to Texas in 1957, penniless and not speaking a word of English. He washed dishes for 50 cents an hour, paid his way through the University of Texas, and started a small business in the oil and gas industry. Today, Teds father is a pastor in Dallas.

In the Senate, Ted serves on the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation; the Committee on Armed Services; the Committee on the Judiciary; the Joint Economic Committee; and the Committee on Rules and Administration.

Before being elected, Ted received national acclaim as the Solicitor General of Texas, the State's chief lawyer before the U.S. Supreme Court. Serving under Attorney General Greg Abbott, Ted was the nations youngest Solicitor General, the longest serving Solicitor General in Texas, and the first Hispanic Solicitor General of Texas.

In private practice in Houston, Ted spent five years as a partner at one of the nations largest law firms, where he led the firms U.S. Supreme Court and national Appellate Litigation practice. Ted has authored more than 80 U.S. Supreme Court briefs and argued 43 oral arguments, including nine before the U.S. Supreme Court. During Teds service as Solicitor General, Texas achieved an unprecedented series of landmark national victories, including successfully defending:

U.S. sovereignty against the UN and the World Court in Medellin v. Texas;
The Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms;
The constitutionality of the Texas Ten Commandments monument;
The constitutionality of the words under God in the Pledge of Allegiance;
The constitutionality of the Texas Sexually Violent Predator Civil Commitment law; and
The Texas congressional redistricting plan.

The National Law Journal has called Ted a key voice to whom the [U.S. Supreme Court] Justices listen. Ted has been named by American Lawyer magazine as one of the 50 Best Litigators under 45 in America, by the National Law Journal as one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America, and by Texas Lawyer as one of the 25 Greatest Texas Lawyers of the Past Quarter Century.

From 2004-09, he taught U.S. Supreme Court Litigation as an Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Texas School of Law.

Prior to becoming Solicitor General, he served as the Director of the Office of Policy Planning at the Federal Trade Commission, as Associate Deputy Attorney General at the U.S. Department of Justice, and as Domestic Policy Advisor on the 2000 Bush-Cheney campaign.

Ted graduated with honors from Princeton University and with high honors from Harvard Law School. He served as a law clerk to Chief Justice William Rehnquist on the U.S. Supreme Court. He was the first Hispanic ever to clerk for the Chief Justice of the United States.

Ted and his wife Heidi live in his hometown of Houston, Texas, with their two young daughters Caroline and Catherine.

A servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ.

USAF Veteran
Re: Cruz Officially Throws His Hat in the Ring [Re: Bowfool] #1306571
A
Atoler Offline
14 point
Atoler  Offline
14 point
A
The problem we as "americans" have, is that the republican candidates of late have been rinos or too conservative. Do I think we could use someone like rand paul in office? hell yes. Do I think that cruz or rand paul could win? no. What we need is a step in the right direction, we don't have to knee jerk, and if we present a candidate that is a knee jerk, we won't win the vote.

I believe someone like condaleeza rice would make a good candidate. a black woman would pick up a large enough percentage the black and female votes to have a chance to win. Then maybe couple her with a vp like cruz or paul

Re: Cruz Officially Throws His Hat in the Ring [Re: Ian] #1306572
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature

Originally Posted By: Ian
Originally Posted By: PaschalBD
ted "born in Canada" Cruz?

hahaha

wasn't he one of the birthers on Obama too?

I wont vote for him, that's for sure

You would be better off not posting and let people assume you have a modicum of intelligence than to post and all doubt be removed.

Why because it's true... He was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada 12/22/1970

I'm just tired of the hypocrisy in our government with a guy beating the obama birth drum when his mom was an American. He himself is in the same exact boat with a mother being an American and dad Cuban, born in Canada.

But whatever, keep following the ole hypocrisy that is going on in politics.

I'd rather have Rubio than him anyways.

Rubio that co authored the Amnesty bill and then ran away from it when he saw it was going to cost him his chance at the presidency?

You realize that one of the greatest authorities on constitutional law today, Judge Andrew Napolitano, said Cruz is unquestionably eligible, right?

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard
Re: Cruz Officially Throws His Hat in the Ring [Re: Atoler] #1306578
03/23/15 09:07 AM
03/23/15 09:07 AM
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature
Originally Posted By: Atoler
The problem we as "americans" have, is that the republican candidates of late have been rinos or too conservative. Do I think we could use someone like rand paul in office? hell yes. Do I think that cruz or rand paul could win? no. What we need is a step in the right direction, we don't have to knee jerk, and if we present a candidate that is a knee jerk, we won't win the vote.

I believe someone like condaleeza rice would make a good candidate. a black woman would pick up a large enough percentage the black and female votes to have a chance to win. Then maybe couple her with a vp like cruz or paul

A popular opinion that completely defies the political realities of the last 30 years. Can you name me the candidates that were the Republican nominee that would be deemed too conservative? The establishment won't allow a conservative to gain the nomination and the media has convinced conservatives that no real conservative can win and we follow right along and keep voting against our own interest. I'd like to know when I've had a chance to vote for a conservative in the last 30 years because maybe I missed an election somewhere along the way.

Last edited by bill; 03/23/15 09:08 AM.

-
Bauvard
Re: Cruz Officially Throws His Hat in the Ring [Re: Ian] #1306584
03/23/15 09:11 AM
03/23/15 09:11 AM
Columbia, SC
CeeHawk37 Offline
10 point
CeeHawk37  Offline
10 point
Columbia, SC

hahaha

You would be better off not posting and let people assume you have a modicum of intelligence than to post and all doubt be removed.

I'm just tired of the hypocrisy in our government with a guy beating the obama birth drum when his mom was an American. He himself is in the same exact boat with a mother being an American and dad Cuban, born in Canada.

Seriously?? The guy that had a hand in pushing a bill to grant amnesty to illegals (though it didn't pass)? Rubio is a RINO just like Jeb, Boehner, and most all the rest. Rand Paul is currently my choice but we shall see what shakes out in the primaries. I like Ted Cruz, but I'm not sure he has what it takes to make it out of the primary though. Him being born in Canada isn't a deal breaker for me. If your policy is sound and you stand on facts then I could care less if you are from Mars. If a candidate is a citizen and qualifies then no worries in my book.

Re: Cruz Officially Throws His Hat in the Ring [Re: bill] #1306589
03/23/15 09:13 AM
03/23/15 09:13 AM
Panhandle Florida
PaschalBD Offline
Used to be TiderBD
PaschalBD  Offline
Used to be TiderBD
Panhandle Florida
Quote:
The problem we as "americans" have, is that the republican candidates of late have been rinos or too conservative.

When I read this sentence I thought to myself, what candidate was too conservative?

USAF Veteran
Re: Cruz Officially Throws His Hat in the Ring [Re: Atoler] #1306595
03/23/15 09:16 AM
03/23/15 09:16 AM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there
Quote:
Do I think we could use someone like rand paul in office? hell yes. Do I think that cruz or rand paul could win? no.

If a candidate were standing on one foot and leaning, would that foot and leg be heavier? laugh

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Cruz Officially Throws His Hat in the Ring [Re: CeeHawk37] #1306598
03/23/15 09:17 AM
03/23/15 09:17 AM
Gainesville, Florida
Ian Offline
8 point
Ian  Offline
8 point
Gainesville, Florida
Originally Posted By: CeeHawk37

hahaha

Seriously?? The guy that had a hand in pushing a bill to grant amnesty to illegals (though it didn't pass)? Rubio is a RINO just like Jeb, Boehner, and most all the rest. Rand Paul is currently my choice but we shall see what shakes out in the primaries. I like Ted Cruz, but I'm not sure he has what it takes to make it out of the primary though. Him being born in Canada isn't a deal breaker for me. If your policy is sound and you stand on facts then I could care less if you are from Mars. If a candidate is a citizen and qualifies then no worries in my book.

I'd die for Rand but we know he has a snowballs chance in hell.

Re: Cruz Officially Throws His Hat in the Ring [Re: Ian] #1306600
03/23/15 09:19 AM
03/23/15 09:19 AM
Panhandle Florida
PaschalBD Offline
Used to be TiderBD
PaschalBD  Offline
Used to be TiderBD
Panhandle Florida
Quote:

Die for a politician? I'll refer to my earlier post.

USAF Veteran
Re: Cruz Officially Throws His Hat in the Ring [Re: PaschalBD] #1306627
03/23/15 09:49 AM
Gainesville, Florida
Ian Offline
8 point
Ian  Offline
8 point
Gainesville, Florida
Quote:

Die for a politician? I'll refer to my earlier post.

It's called a figure of speech but apparently your asshole abilities haven't allowed you to see understand that.

Re: Cruz Officially Throws His Hat in the Ring [Re: Bowfool] #1306628
Semmes, AL
HippieKiller Offline
10 point
HippieKiller  Offline
10 point
Semmes, AL
Bill, the problem is that conservative has become a watered down term that gets applies to anyone in opposition of the left. Just because you are against the left though, you are not a conservative.

There are fiscal conservatives. People who want to operate the country within the confines of a reasonable and low budget. While every Republican will claim this type of conservatism, in reality they only differ from Democrats in WHERE they want to spend the money, not the amount. Very few Republicans are actually trying to cut any spending. Look at the current budget if you need evidence of that.

There are social conservatives. Most of the time, this title is tagged on anyone who claims a religious affiliation. Unfortunately, only about 26% of Americans are evangelical Christians. So when we talk about aligning with Gods will about issues (ex: marriage), we come across as being anti-freedom and limiting personal liberties. Thats hard to sell to the general (non-Christian) population.

I do not believe a strictly social conservative can be elected at this time. The media has done a good job of making us all look like bigots and racists and we havent done ourselves any favors either. This leaves us with fiscal conservatives, but they will never be sent forth by the Republican Party. The reason? A REAL fiscal conservative would slash military budgets. Unfortunately, once you even mention that you are also tagged as anti-American and hung out to dry as well.

I think the only hope is a strong fiscal conservative who is relaxed on social issues. You have to make sure the mortgage is paid, or the argument over carpet color is moot. Im holding hope that Rand Paul might be that guy.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
Re: Cruz Officially Throws His Hat in the Ring [Re: Bowfool] #1306630
03/23/15 09:50 AM
03/23/15 09:50 AM
Columbia, SC
CeeHawk37 Offline
10 point
CeeHawk37  Offline
10 point
Columbia, SC
I think Rand has a lot better chance than many assume. You let him get into the debates and see what happens. It's a good thing to not have a ton of attention on him right now. Based on the last few elections, early front runners have gotten crushed in the media, after they started gaining momentum. I think its all about timing. Once the primaries start its like a playoff run. The candidate just needs to get the momentum swinging in their direction and it can mean winning the nomination.

Re: Cruz Officially Throws His Hat in the Ring [Re: HippieKiller] #1306639
03/23/15 09:59 AM
03/23/15 09:59 AM
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature

Originally Posted By: HippieKiller
Bill, the problem is that conservative has become a watered down term that gets applies to anyone in opposition of the left. Just because you are against the left though, you are not a conservative.

There are fiscal conservatives. People who want to operate the country within the confines of a reasonable and low budget. While every Republican will claim this type of conservatism, in reality they only differ from Democrats in WHERE they want to spend the money, not the amount. Very few Republicans are actually trying to cut any spending. Look at the current budget if you need evidence of that.

You are preaching to the choir. There is virtually no difference in 98% of Republicans and 100% of democrats. The one person both sides hate worse than anyone is Cruz. That coupled with Cruz background tells me he is the right man. I doubt be threw his raising away just because he married a woman that chose to work for Goldman Sachs. His character was intact long before he met his wife and believe he is still the right man. Rand troubles me on voter ID laws, foreign policy and Amnesty but I haven't written him completely off, yet. I have about 4 guys I would possibly vote for, today. If a RINO gets the nomination I'll work harder than any democrat to destroy his chances.

-
Bauvard
Re: Cruz Officially Throws His Hat in the Ring [Re: Bowfool] #1306698
03/23/15 10:37 AM
03/23/15 10:37 AM
Wedowee
M
mirage243 Offline
6 point
mirage243  Offline
6 point
M
Wedowee
I say we need another black man in there, maybe Rev Al, or Rev Jackson, or somebody like them. grin

Re: Cruz Officially Throws His Hat in the Ring [Re: Bowfool] #1306699
03/23/15 10:38 AM
03/23/15 10:38 AM
Northport, AL
Phil_Army Offline
12 point
Phil_Army  Offline
12 point
Northport, AL
Ron Paul - 2016

Broker/Owner and Area Representative for 1st Class Real Estate
2018's #1 Real Estate Agent according to the Tuscaloosa News
Re: Cruz Officially Throws His Hat in the Ring [Re: Bowfool] #1306702
03/23/15 10:40 AM
03/23/15 10:40 AM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there

I saw an ad today for Allen West and thought that we may never have another black president for several decades because of the domestic and international rancor Obama has created on both sides of the aisle and even within the Dems.

Part of that, too, likely is the 8-year deal that comes with any two-term president and his party. Folks grow tired.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Cruz Officially Throws His Hat in the Ring [Re: mirage243] #1306703
03/23/15 10:42 AM
03/23/15 10:42 AM
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature

Originally Posted By: mirage243
I say we need another black man in there, maybe Rev Al, or Rev Jackson, or somebody like them. grin

I care nothing about what color they are but I am interested in their character. Ben Carson has more character than most men, no matter the color.

-
Bauvard
Re: Cruz Officially Throws His Hat in the Ring [Re: mirage243] #1306707
03/23/15 10:45 AM
03/23/15 10:45 AM
north alabama
shooters Offline
12 point
shooters  Offline
12 point
north alabama
Originally Posted By: mirage243
WE would be better off with a 3 head billy goat than those idots! grin

Re: Cruz Officially Throws His Hat in the Ring [Re: Phil_Army] #1306713
03/23/15 10:50 AM
03/23/15 10:50 AM
Semmes, AL
HippieKiller Offline
10 point
HippieKiller  Offline
10 point
Semmes, AL

Originally Posted By: Phil_Army
Ron Paul - 2016

How in the heck do I keep finding myself agreeing with a Bam-tard? There may be hope for you after all smile

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
Re: Cruz Officially Throws His Hat in the Ring [Re: Clem] #1306966
03/23/15 03:15 PM
03/23/15 03:15 PM
A
Atoler Offline
14 point
Atoler  Offline
14 point
A
Originally Posted By: Clem

I saw an ad today for Allen West and thought that we may never have another black president for several decades because of the domestic and international rancor Obama has created on both sides of the aisle and even within the Dems.

Part of that, too, likely is the 8-year deal that comes with any two-term president and his party. Folks grow tired.

I like allen west a lot. He is not afraid to speak his mind, and he spouts some strong stuff towards the welfare state and black woe is me mentality.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2023 Aldeer LLP.