</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Summit stand foot rest
by longshot. 06/08/24 05:23 PM
72hr Prepping Kit
by Rem870s2. 06/08/24 11:49 AM
Yard sale in Lake View McCalla area
by tombo51. 06/08/24 09:36 AM
Looking for suv for my son
by Bar7Mag. 06/07/24 06:41 PM
F-150 floors mats
by Rem870s2. 06/07/24 04:39 PM
Serious Deer Talk
New Tracking Rules
by CrappieMan. 06/08/24 04:20 PM
Permission to retrieve deer
by Coosa1. 06/08/24 08:20 AM
Fawn Predation
by Big Bore. 06/07/24 10:57 PM
Blood Trailing Breeds
by CNC. 06/06/24 06:43 PM
Here you go CNC
by CNC. 06/05/24 09:23 PM
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Hunting Club Jefferson/Tuscaloosa Line
by Austin1. 06/07/24 09:08 PM
Wayne county tn leases
by brushwhacker. 06/05/24 06:13 PM
Looking for a couple guys
by MoeBuck. 05/25/24 06:25 PM
Tunnel Springs 1 more member
by extreme heights hunter. 05/23/24 10:17 AM
Iso
by AustinC. 05/21/24 05:01 PM
Who's Online Now
91 registered members (leroyb, hallb, CeeHawk37, Safetyman, Catbird, CrappieMan, Pwyse, desertdog, Scout10, weatherby, Jwoods32, Bronco 74, globe, quailman, cartervj, Conc49, BOFF, Fattyfireplug, Tall Dog, bholmes, Young20, M48scout, outdoorguy88, Holcomb, Woody1, WMEC615, YellaLineHunter, Camden86, canvasback, Bamajoz, specialk, BCLC, Vernon Tull, Birdman83, !shiloh!, GHTiger10, Jweeks, WhoMe, BhamFred, Bmyers142, SouthBamaSlayer, misfire, Gut Pile 32, BrentsFX4, PapaD, RidgeRanger, Turkeyhunter12, Peach, AMB, limabean, kpswihart, 4Tigers, knock him down, CNC, Cactus_buck, Narrow Gap, sawdust, deadeye48, Mdees, BPI, NotsoBright, Mbrock, T Bone, Dragfan66, Jwbfx4, lukecc, mathews prostaff, Solothurn, AHolcomb, Ar-Humter, Alb, coachg34, CarbonClimber1, Keysbowman, Etyson, hunterturf, dtmwtp, hamma, Skullworks, Zbrann, Rainbowstew, twaldrop4, Tailwalk7, 8 invisible), 979 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
ALTurkey Talk -- Beards and Spurs
25 minutes ago
Daughter in law just sent a video of a hen with poults and it looked like a covey of quail with them flying in all different directions! šŸ˜
7 689 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
57 minutes ago
I bought this back when I had a Viper and I never installed it. Still New in Box

$30 picked up in Hartselle area
0 26 Read More
Serious Deer Talk Forum
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Frankie
Matt ,,, others might have forgotten but I sure ain't. Memory clear as a bell on my lost ones . You can do ever thing right and still lose a deer

I gut shot a huge 6 that I watched for months waiting on gun season, got stupid and shot at him with a muzzle loader instead of waiting a few more days. Didn't call a dog like an idiot and he got away. That one still sticks in my craw!!
94 3,442 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
2 hours ago
Up
8 1,426 Read More
Serious Deer Talk Forum
2 hours ago
Matt ,,, others might have forgotten but I sure ain't. Memory clear as a bell on my lost ones . You can do ever thing right and still lose a deer
94 3,442 Read More
Serious Deer Talk Forum
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by marshmud991
CNC I applaud you for helping all those people, especially the young kids. There is still a few things I donā€™t agree on that some trackers do, but Iā€™m getting more understanding as the seasons go by. Also I donā€™t think the State should be involved in what yā€™all do. Anyone who tracks knows right from wrong. As with anything, the trackers should take care of the problems. Just my opinion.

thumbup
94 3,442 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
2 hours ago
PM sent on the Blackhawk.
2 408 Read More
Serious Deer Talk Forum
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Mbrock
Originally Posted by CNC
.im starting to feel bad about the 7 ive lost , well i would have found two of those if they hadnt got into water , darn . lol

I've lost about that many myself......I gut shot a really nice one at about 200 yards following a doe a year or two before I got Otis.....Never did find him
from personal observation most who judge like that ain't killed much .

Yep. I get tickled out of the guys who say this too. Obviously havenā€™t killed many. People are going to make mistakes. It doesnā€™t mean we shouldnā€™t always attempt to give our very best effort, practice with our gear, and be prepared, but hunting scenarios are not like being at the range. Iā€™ve killed several hundred deer, and my wounded and needed help with recovery rate with a firearm is .01%. Itā€™s not the ones you kill that ppl remember, but youā€™d better believe they remember every one of the .01s. šŸ˜‚

Iā€™ve seen a handful of failure to perform as expected projectiles in my years hunting as well. Although rare, it happens.

I've seen that too . I had a box of Winchester 30 06 165gr pointed soft points that just exploded on impact . Throwed that box away . I've been sighting in and one fly way off over younder too . Like you said, rare but it happens .just more you do it the odds go up . Lol
94 3,442 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
2 hours ago
bump
4 261 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
2 hours ago
Dang just saw this post but gotta head to work momentarily...the wife and I hit a few sales in five points and ttown...but I live in McCalla myself
1 174 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
3 hours ago
Offers considered
2 408 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
4 hours ago
Bump for fathers day
2 470 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by Scout308
Bump

Final price Drop $725.00 rifle and rings. Plus shipping.
29 2,370 Read More
Serious Deer Talk Forum
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by CNC

i just find it odd just because a tracker is called the hunter is automatically a bad shot and needs to learn to shoot . now loosing 7 deer might seem bad to some but since ive killed more deer than most will in a few life times 7 aint to bad . just bad mouthing hunters with out knowing them seems a little wrong and a little quick to judge . from personal observation most who judge like that aint killed much .

Yep, it seems like most of the folks passing judgement have very little experience with what theyā€™re criticizing. I think Iā€™m somewhere in the neighborhood of having tracked around 800 deer with dogs nowā€¦.It gets a little frustrating sometimes listening to folks who have never tracked a single one tell everyone how it is or how it should beā€¦ā€¦not to mention the guys like the dog hunters who are on social media intentionally trying to distort the truth for their benefit.

I still say that good tracking dogs and handlers are the best thing to happen to deer hunting. We called on in for one of our guys guest last season. Great guy with beautiful bloodhounds and he explained everything the dogs were doing and he knew right away when the dogs ran the deer by him that the deer was not mortally wounded and called it. We had to beg him to take a donation and we made a new friend that afternoon. If I would ever need a dog and I donā€™t have Raven at the camp, heā€™ll be my first call. CNC I applaud you for helping all those people, especially the young kids. There is still a few things I donā€™t agree on that some trackers do, but Iā€™m getting more understanding as the seasons go by. Also I donā€™t think the State should be involved in what yā€™all do. Anyone who tracks knows right from wrong. As with anything, the trackers should take care of the problems. Just my opinion.
94 3,442 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
4 hours ago
300WM SPF
9 395 Read More
Serious Deer Talk Forum
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by Mbrock
Originally Posted by CNC
.im starting to feel bad about the 7 ive lost , well i would have found two of those if they hadnt got into water , darn . lol

I've lost about that many myself......I gut shot a really nice one at about 200 yards following a doe a year or two before I got Otis.....Never did find him
from personal observation most who judge like that ain't killed much .

Yep. I get tickled out of the guys who say this too. Obviously havenā€™t killed many. People are going to make mistakes. It doesnā€™t mean we shouldnā€™t always attempt to give our very best effort, practice with our gear, and be prepared, but hunting scenarios are not like being at the range. Iā€™ve killed several hundred deer, and my wounded and needed help with recovery rate with a firearm is .01%. Itā€™s not the ones you kill that ppl remember, but youā€™d better believe they remember every one of the .01s. šŸ˜‚

Iā€™ve seen a handful of failure to perform as expected projectiles in my years hunting as well. Although rare, it happens.

I find Iā€™m a way better shot now then when I was younger. Iā€™m over the whole ā€œ of I can see em I can kill emā€ attitude. As I get older I like them as close as possible and as easy to get to as possible. Iā€™m gonna spit in the air and say that since I started this hunting strategy, I only remember 1 buck that I havenā€™t recovered. It was a low leg/brisket shot. Still bugs me today about that deer. I just rushed it and screwed it up.
94 3,442 Read More
ALTurkey Talk -- Beards and Spurs
4 hours ago
Been seeing numerous poults lately. 3 hens had about 15-20 this morning. Little bigger than quail.
But also saw 3 busted eggs scattered
7 689 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
6 hours ago
Selling, a 72hr 2-person food and cooking kit. Contains 76 total servings of emergency food as well as water filtration bottle, stove, cooking pot, matches, Firestarter and utensils. Contained in a stackable bucket. Asking $30.00 for the kit, local pick up in Auburn/Opelika. New in original container. Cleaning my garage out and downsizing. Please let me know if any questions or PM if you want some pictures.

Main entrees are Chessy Rice, Italian Pasta and Potato Chowder. Thanks. Mike
0 161 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
6 hours ago
Saturday bump
1 126 Read More
Serious Deer Talk Forum
8 hours ago

i just find it odd just because a tracker is called the hunter is automatically a bad shot and needs to learn to shoot . now loosing 7 deer might seem bad to some but since ive killed more deer than most will in a few life times 7 aint to bad . just bad mouthing hunters with out knowing them seems a little wrong and a little quick to judge . from personal observation most who judge like that aint killed much .

Yep, it seems like most of the folks passing judgement have very little experience with what theyā€™re criticizing. I think Iā€™m somewhere in the neighborhood of having tracked around 800 deer with dogs nowā€¦.It gets a little frustrating sometimes listening to folks who have never tracked a single one tell everyone how it is or how it should beā€¦ā€¦not to mention the guys like the dog hunters who are on social media intentionally trying to distort the truth for their benefit.
94 3,442 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
8 hours ago
Any of yall in the Lake View McCalla area come by Leslie dr in lake view and look around got hunting stuff tools etc
1 174 Read More
Serious Deer Talk Forum
9 hours ago
sorry but 80 deer in 45 years aint a lot of shooting .

I am pretty selective. Not a lot of shooting, just good shooting.
94 3,442 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
9 hours ago
One of the most comfortable stands made! If I didnā€™t already have one I would buy this one
4 259 Read More
Serious Deer Talk Forum
10 hours ago
Originally Posted by BPI
Originally Posted by Joe4majors
Originally Posted by Goatkiller

My suggestion is to shoot them through the front shoulder with something other than a .243. That's where I'd start this instead of accepting the deer is going to run off.

It's bowhunting only.

You mean you don't get DRT shots with your bow ?
rofl

Iā€™ve seen my dad shoot does in the head several times with a bow because he didnā€™t want to track them laugh
11 833 Read More
Aldeer Classifieds
10 hours ago
I appreciate it, also got a box of replacement cables. The cables on it are fine these were just on sale so I bought them. Iā€™ll let them go with it
4 259 Read More
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 21 22
Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.