That is correct other than I regularly hunt on this property which is prob the best yote deer study ever done in this state. SNI Farms
Coyotes are def the number one predator of fawns, but is this predation bad for a deer herd? I cannot find anything where a healthy deer herd is drastically affected by coyote predation. In fact auburn university said that coyote predation is actually good in some areas. The only areas where coyotes affect the deer population is in areas of heavy doe harvest. It also states that after 6 months yote populations were already back to pre trapping levels. All of the studies I've read have been very inconclusive as to the affects of yotes on deer.
I'm also not looking at this through the glasses of a hunter(which might be why I don't understand y'all's side of the argument). I'm looking at this like a biologist would. Strictly looking at the relationship between predator and prey, and the effect this relationship has on both of their overall populations.

I don't know what else to do than to read scholarly publications to educate my self. Fred what is your educational back ground? Or is all your "knowledge" based on your work in law enforcement? Oh yeah which one of my comments are soo wrong. Can you give me an example so I can do some more research on the topic.