The way they move in the woods. They have a majestic gracefulness about them. They can run helter skelter through the woods, bounding over obstacles, dodging trees, jumping ditches ...... amazing moves. They are mobile and agile.

I was on a dog drive in South Carolina's LowCountry one weekend. I had drawn a stand on "Dumpster Road, Stand #17. It was a favorite stand. Many a deer has been killed on this stand. On the backside of this stand is a big laid out field that is used for growing sod.
The drive had been underway for about an hour. Several shots rang out from the opposite side of the field from "The Pond Dam". This is a signal that deer are headed toward stand #17.
It was chilly out that morning. Frost was still showing in the shade. The sun was rising behind me. It was a beautiful day to be alive.
I see the deer. It is a mature buck. It looked to be in the 180 pound range, with at least 8 points. He was crossing the middle of the field, headed in a diagonal direction away from me.
The sun shone on his body and antlers. I could see the smoke of his breath every time he exhaled. His head was held high, as was his big white tail.
He was doing this trot thing I have seen horses do before. Canter? Fox Trot? Amble?
It was a beautiful and amazing sight. It was a picture of nature's grace and agility, built by God's hand. Magnificent!!