The GW's actually stated that they were crossing the railroad in their vehicle when they observed me standing on the track several 100 yards away. If you look at the map that observation point had to be close to a mile away. When they came up on the track they came up approx 100 yards behind me and I stopped and waited on them. Just before they reached me they had to cross a trestle over a stream. That trestle indicates exactly where I was and headed north. I was leas than 100 yards from the end of the management area. I do not deny that I was walking slow, looking or stooping to rest, none of that is illegal. Looking for a place to hunt is not illegal. If I would have crawled down the railroad track or stretched out and took a nap there, it still would not have been against Alabama law. Chris also stated that in the whole time observed I never touched the rifle. I will even agree to take a polygraph at my expense as to what I was doing on the track. If I am lying I will pay twice the penalties, if I am not, reprimand the officers for being over zealous in their citations and give me my money back. As well, I think I have enough evidence to prove my innocence before a jury. My GPS tracks my position and also records date time I never even brought it up because I was naive enough to believe that if you simply told the truth in court you stood a chance. I am also not naive enough to post my defense here.

By the way, the correct definition of AW is Aviation Wonderful,
and concerning civilian law enforcement, they have been guarding Navy gates for years. They must be doing a good job. We have never had one stolen.

"There are no easy days, not even yesterday"