Originally Posted By: kat
if the guy was walking down a railroad track looking around with a loaded rifle and nice buck would have showed his face, I bet he would of shot. So he was hunting in my opinion.

If the guy is walking through the mall with a hard-on, and some fine chic walks by, will he **** her?

You gotta make one hell of a leap to assume that crossing a R/R with a rifle makes one guilty of "Hunting or discharging a firearm" as the law defines.

2006 Alabama Code - Section 9-11-257 — Hunting or discharge of firearm from, upon, or across public roads, etc.
Any person who hunts or discharges any firearm from, upon, or across a railroad, or hunts within 50 yards of a railroad, or their rights-of-way, with a centerfire rifle, shotgun or a muzzleloading rifle shall be guilty of a misdemeanor

There are several places, at Lowndes WMA, where you have to cross a R/R to access the land.
I have done so many times, and I've seen both deer and turkey on the tracks, yet I have never attempted to shoot one.

My opinions and comments are my own. They do not reflect the position or political opinions of Aldeer or any of the Aldeer administration.