Originally Posted By: smokeandbones
I had no intention of starting a debate. I just felt moved to share what a great experiance that my wife and I had today, and encourage anyone considering attending COTH to do it. I can tell you this, Jesus would have definatly been welcome in that room today.

In my OPINION one of the biggest turn offs of some of the traditional churches to me is that I get the impression if: you're not singing like we are, reading from our version of the Bible, or worshiping like we are then you're doing it wrong. And there is alot of condemnation that goes on within christianity when it comes to these things. My thinking is that if you are worshiping Jesus, singing praise to him, know that he died for all of mankinds sin and repent in him, and do your best to live your life according to his teachings, then you're doing it right. And if you're doing this in a church that you love that is what matters

I can tell you that I definatly felt his presence today and thoroughly enjoyed the service. I know that this church is turning a lot of lost souls and back sliden christians like myself around.

I will also add that the Baptist church family that I grew up in was great and full of good ole God fearing country folk, if I still lived in Lafayette I would go there. But some of the traditional churches around Opelika and Auburn are a Sunday morning meet and greet for the who's who. Im sure the message is there but I dont think im in a high enough tax bracket for some.

Glad you enjoyed worshipping God my friend. I will remove myself from this discussion as I likely won't change any minds that are already made up. The truth is clear for all to find if they will just open their Bibles.