We agree on 99% of most theology I'd suspect. But....I would say there is much more to it than that.

Satan is real (which I'm sure you agree) and he has been allowed to have some level of rule or power here on the earth and in the spiritual world too. There is a spiritual battle being waged and there is real legitimate evil happening as a result. He is called the prince of darkness, god of darkness (little g), hurls flaming darts, and prowls like a lion--in Scripture. I'm not saying how much rule or power he has because I don't know for sure. I just know I'm to look out. The reason I say this is based on Scripture...The result of Adam's sin is a fallen world where sin and evil abounds and where Satan has deceiving power. We are warned repeatedly to guard our hearts and to flee from evil.

Job...God allowed Satan to try to make Job fold. Satan was allowed to do those things here on earth.

The Gospels tell us of Satan tempting Christ. So bold to tempt the Lord.

Satan is said to be the deceiver of the whole world in Revelation 12:9..shows his power and ability.

Satan is told to have deceiving quantities to blind the minds of men from the Truth.
2 Corinthians 4:4
4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Ephesians 6: 10-20 tells us more about the spiritual warfare going on between the devil and us. We are to arm ourselves and to put on armor--defensive weapons and offensive weapons are called for in this passage. Weapons of war.

We are told to watchout and keep our minds in tune to God
1 Peter 5: 8-10
8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 9 Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. 10 And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

Now I know we agree that Satan is deceived himself and the Lord will reign because all dominion is his. But I would say based on Scripture that at the heart of all sin and all the bad choices we as mankind make lies the Father of Lies--Satan. It isn't us men that allow evil to exist...it is evil that exists because of the fall that deceives us into allowing evil to take root, to manifest, to hold us captive, to separate us from God and Christ. This is the battle Satan is waging against us. This is the battle between good and evil as told in Genesis 3:15...enmity between Satan and mankind.

Now God is Sovereign and will work it all out. But we are tasked with a priority assignment in the meantime:

James 4: 7-10
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.

Last edited by straycat; 11/14/13 01:31 PM.

"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

"Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.� Samuel Adams