Originally Posted By: hunterbuck
Originally Posted By: choiceguy
Originally Posted By: hunterbuck
Originally Posted By: choiceguy
Originally Posted By: Sharpshooter69
Just watched a commercial for JD breakfast sandwiches with an interracial couple ! IM PISSED AND IM DONE WITH Jimmy Dean products !!!!

They might have thought that the number of customers they may gain would outweigh the number of customers they may lose due to this type of advertising. It could be a simple business decision designed to reach out to a different demo...

On the other hand....why take the chance?

Not sure, but somebody back at Jimmy Dean headquarters must have thought it was a risk worth taking. Only time will tell I reckon...

I would have probably just done an all black commercial before I stepped out on that limb. I could care less either way, but common sense tells us there is no need to step out on that limb like they and Cheerios have done.

Agreed. You would think an all black commercial would appeal to a much larger group than the interracial commercial. Unless, they were assuming that the interracial commercial would grab everybody in both areas, the all black and interracial advertising group. I'm no marketing major but there's definitely a purpose behind every commercial. Maybe the sausage sales to all white homes have dropped due to a percentage making their own deer sausage so they are going after the new sales of people that, by in large, wouldn't be interested in producing their own sausage...