Originally Posted By: BSK
Originally Posted By: Cletus
They have always done their thing in the predator/prey game as they should as a native predator. Lot of difference in a native predator and an invasive one such as the Coyote.

I feel the same way. I would never attempt to manipulate a game animal population by eliminating other NATURAL predators. A bobcat has just as much right to a deer as I do. But coyotes are not native predators to Southeastern deer. They are an invasive, and invasives are fair game for elimination.

OK, I'll bite... here we go grin Red wolves (basically between a wolf and a yote - actually our southeastern yotes are closer in size to red wolves than western coyotes or grey wolves) were our "natural" predator. We wiped them out and now we have yotes. Just nature making up for the loss of red wolves - kinda "natural". Also,
Quote:
I would never attempt to manipulate a game animal population by eliminating other NATURAL predators. A bobcat has just as much right to a deer as I do.
Change deer to quail and bobcat to coon, possum, skunk, etc... and tell that to the quail plantation folks, or the USFWS endangered species managers for that matter! grin

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine