Read it again.

There is nothing in the law about permits for crop damage. The commissioner made that crap up all by himself, and you just brought that subject up on your own.... not me.

I don't think antlerless deer seasons should be closed in "any county or area" where depredation permits are being used to kill deer. There's no way the season has been closed because "... it is found necessary to the conservation and perpetuation of such species" in such areas. [See: C.O.A., Section 9-2-7b(7)] Our legislature passed Section 9-11-240 to authorize the commissioner to handle crop damage problems by opening the antlerless season.

There is nothing in my post about opening deer season year round. That was your idea. The commissioner might open antlerless deer season year round statewide, but it would only be open on a particular parcel of land if the owner or leasholder consented to it being open there. The commissioner could then close it when it became necessary for the protection and perpetuation of the species. I don't have a problem with that. That's what the law requires.

There is
a provision in the law for antlerless season to be opened for "biological reasons" provided this meets with the approval of the landowner or leaseholder.