Originally Posted By: Fun4all
Originally Posted By: leroycnbucks
Originally Posted By: FurFlyin
Originally Posted By: ridgestalker
Originally Posted By: Turkey_neck
Just my opinion but I have seen a major decline in deer numbers since doe days went season long.

That's right. Kill too many deer, you don't have many deer. This concept is hard to imagine for many of you, but when you live in an area with a small deer population to start with, it doesn't take much to upset the balance.

Our numbers are down from the past three years.

That's why when Jimmy has a lot of deer on his place and Joe don't then Jimmy don't give a damn if Joe has deer but when Jimmy is in Joes predicament then he is concerned.

Its not one size fits all anymore in this state and its about time.

So have you hired the State to manage the land that you hunt on? If not, why not? One size fits all does not mean that you have to kill 2 deer per day, or that you have to kill any deer.

The State has set some general guidelines and YOU are free to be as restrictive as you want on YOUR property. Hence, they do NOT force a landowner to allow hunting on their property to keep the prescribed age, sex ratio, antler mass, etc of the herd in check so the neighbor has good hunting.

MICRO-MANAGING from the top NEVER works! If it does name a single instance?

I know all about what the state has to offer seeing how I work for them.

I haven't killed a deer the past two seasons due to our numbers being down. I've had the opportunity but I chose not too.

I DON'T NEED any body to micro manage anything for me because I thank God he gave me enough sense to do it for myself.

Also common sense tells me that what is good for my place may not be the same a hundred miles north. IMO

Proud Army and ALNG veteran
God Bless America!