we have a property owner near our property that dicided to put his property in high fence. At first I thought that it would increase the number of deer on our property and it did. Then he sold his land to someone with even more money and that guy started buying land and has now put more than 1000 acres in rfence with I believe that they baited up the deer and started to draw in the deer before they finally put up the last section right before gun season started. We have noticed a dramatic reduction in deer numbers and the fence have changed the natural travel routes of the deer. The deer use to travel across our property to get to the large agriculture fields that are now inside the high fence. I believe our deer numbers will recover but from talking to other landowners that have experieced this it will take about 2 years. I personal would never fence my property just because I like going into the woods with the expectations of what could be out there. Eventually he willget tired of seeing the same old deer and shooting the same old class structure and he will sell it to someone with more money than sense.

"He knew that man's heart,away from nature,becomes hard." Luther Standing Bear(1868-1939) Oglala Sioux chief