Ok, first of all, if your going to plant this every year, you need a soil test. Secondly, the ryegrass you had planted should be dead by now, if it was an annual. It will come back this fall. Is burning the dead ryegrass an option? If so, thats what i would do and plant cereal rye/crimson clover this year until i could get a soil test. 100lbs rye/10lbs. CC per acre. If burning is not an option, i would wait for the ryegrass to start growing again, September, and spray it with gly and broadcast seeds above, and then drag over it. Do this before a rain. Ryegrass is so far down on a deer's preference, it shouldn't be planted for them IMO. Cereal rye, on the other hand will grow on very poor soil, and deer love it. It can be planted late, as well, because it will actively grow as long as the temps are over 35 degrees. You mentioned turkeys, they will love the clover and the seed heads on the rye this summer. The rye will reseed it self, if the turkeys leave any seed, as well as the CC, this next fall.

Last edited by blumsden; 08/12/13 04:43 AM.