</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
FS/FT: Tactical Gear, AR Accessories, .270 bullets
by NEbamahunter. 05/28/24 09:03 PM
2016 john deere 3038e
by Droptine-13. 05/28/24 08:05 PM
2 Railroad Bungalows
by rutwad. 05/28/24 07:51 PM
Free freezer that works
by Dan4good. 05/28/24 04:22 PM
Puddle buster doors / CanAm defender
by duxlayer. 05/28/24 03:23 PM
Serious Deer Talk
points or age on bucks...
by UncleHuck. 05/28/24 11:17 PM
how much ammo
by capehorn24. 05/28/24 07:48 PM
Kansas draw
by cgardner. 05/27/24 03:02 PM
Favorite hunting method
by Pwyse. 05/26/24 07:41 PM
Useful Gear
by YellaLineHunter. 05/21/24 10:57 PM
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Looking for a couple guys
by MoeBuck. 05/25/24 06:25 PM
Tunnel Springs 1 more member
by extreme heights hunter. 05/23/24 10:17 AM
Iso
by AustinC. 05/21/24 05:01 PM
Marengo County Club
by EarlPitts. 05/17/24 04:02 PM
Franklin county Al
by BigBuck10. 05/11/24 09:29 AM
Who's Online Now
26 registered members (IDOT, dave260rem!, Tigger85, tallapoosa, Johnal3, BCLC, kodiak06, BAR1225, Blindluck, Whild_Bill, Turkey_neck, Safetyman, hoggin, Todd1700, Scout10, walt4dun, jeffhhub, Morris, znix123, TexasHuntress, Okatuppa, MountainTopHunter, akbejeepin, Remington270, Gobble4me757, 1 invisible), 597 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hunting Leases Recinded at Lake Purdy #638707
08/01/13 04:53 PM
08/01/13 04:53 PM
Mathews Alabama
Ponderosa Offline OP
3 point
Ponderosa  Offline OP
3 point
Mathews Alabama
There is a lot that is just plain wrong with this article and their decision. http://www.myfoxal.com/story/23023118/birmingham-water-works-board-reverses-decision-on-lake-purdy

The majority of the concerns come from individuals who have been using and/or poaching this land for years. We saw the evidence on our lease (horse tracks and ATVs). Those people are not concerned about their safety. Give me a break, it was bow hunting only. Our group would have been much more responsible than the locals that have already been hunting illegally there for years. I don't blame Westervelt for getting out of that mess. Nobody is winning!

Check my site for updated hunting content daily. www.ponderosahuntingclub.com
Re: Hunting Leases Recinded at Lake Purdy [Re: Ponderosa] #638735
08/01/13 05:37 PM
08/01/13 05:37 PM
Hampton Cove
foldemup Offline
14 point
foldemup  Offline
14 point
Hampton Cove
Just curious how you were able to get your lease? I talked to people today that knew nothing about it and they were pissed that they didn't have the opportunity to bid on it.....I agree it isn't a safety issue with the residents

If you want to always win, never play anyone better than you!
Re: Hunting Leases Recinded at Lake Purdy [Re: Ponderosa] #638748
08/01/13 05:54 PM
08/01/13 05:54 PM
alabama
BhamFred Offline
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Offline
Freak of Nature
alabama
again, how were you able to get your lease????

nuther question, ya reckon those "horse tracks" were left by no good illegal poachers??? That land hasn't been posted against trespass ever that I know of, damn, there is a huge public fishing lake right in the middle of it......

atvs, ya KNOW those were poachers....

I caught a LOT of poachers( real poachers) on that land and never seen one on a horse or ATV.......

BWWB did this under the table without public notice, and got what they deserved.

BTW, just for the record I talked by phone with half dozen landowners around that land. Don't recall any of them being poachers. Joy Oneal a poacher?, illegal land user?, yeah right. Baloney.

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

muslims are like coyotes, only good one is a dead one
Re: Hunting Leases Recinded at Lake Purdy [Re: Ponderosa] #638770
08/01/13 06:26 PM
08/01/13 06:26 PM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there
The question is, among several, whether BWWB is required to give official public notice for bids for something like this. Second question is, when did they give notice if they did and was it widely known to the public or just posted on their site or on a lightpole on 3rd Avenue or something to meet the minimum?

If they did it on the up 'n up, fine. If they did it illegally then the BWWB deserves whatever comes its way.

"Hunting Politics are stupid!" - Farm Hunter

"Bible says you shouldn't put sugar in your cornbread." Dustin, 2013

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Hunting Leases Recinded at Lake Purdy [Re: Ponderosa] #638845
08/02/13 01:55 AM
08/02/13 01:55 AM
Mathews Alabama
Ponderosa Offline OP
3 point
Ponderosa  Offline OP
3 point
Mathews Alabama
I don't have a clue if BWWB is required to give public notice. I got in through "word of mouth". My issue is this picture that the land owners are painting of these abusive hunters causing an unsave situation. Drinking beer, shooting horses and other people, killing fish, GIVE ME A BREAK. We were planning on bow hunting only! We would not have done any of the things that are mentioned. As for BhanFred's comments, you were obviously tresspassing yourself if you caught poachers. It is private land. It is not open public land. We were told by a Game & Fish official that it was poached.

As BWWB has said, they WILL lease that property for hunting at some point. You better hope that whoever gets it the second time around is respectful as we were.

Last edited by Ponderosa; 08/02/13 01:59 AM.

Re: Hunting Leases Recinded at Lake Purdy [Re: Ponderosa] #638877
08/02/13 02:39 AM
08/02/13 02:39 AM
Longwood, FL
J
jlbuc10 Offline
Booner
jlbuc10  Offline
Booner
J
Longwood, FL
Hate the yuppys that faught this. Sounds like a lot of people are just jealous that you got the rights to hunt some where everyone else wants to.

And if I'm not mistaken bhamfred was a GW so I think that makes it not tresspassing.

Re: Hunting Leases Recinded at Lake Purdy [Re: jlbuc10] #638887
08/02/13 02:57 AM
08/02/13 02:57 AM
Mathews Alabama
Ponderosa Offline OP
3 point
Ponderosa  Offline OP
3 point
Mathews Alabama

Originally Posted By: jlbuc10
Hate the yuppys that faught this. Sounds like a lot of people are just jealous that you got the rights to hunt some where everyone else wants to.

And if I'm not mistaken bhamfred was a GW so I think that makes it not tresspassing.

Oh, so BhamFred was a Game Warden? That makes sense, so I take back what I said about him tresspassing. So he is well aware of why the locals are fighting this. I guess I don't blame them. I would be upset too if I was losing access to land that I have been using for free for all these years.

Re: Hunting Leases Recinded at Lake Purdy [Re: Ponderosa] #638896
08/02/13 03:13 AM
08/02/13 03:13 AM
Hampton Cove
foldemup Offline
14 point
foldemup  Offline
14 point
Hampton Cove
The people I know are not upset that they can't hunt it for free/trespass, they are upset that they didn't have the opportunity to lease it directly from bww. I'm sure there are some neighborhood people that are mad for the reasons you explained. I guess the deciding factor is if bww is required to notify or not...hopefully someone will clarify legality. I bet bww could make much more money allowing people to bid on it.

Last edited by foldemup; 08/02/13 03:22 AM.

Re: Hunting Leases Recinded at Lake Purdy [Re: foldemup] #638909
08/02/13 03:28 AM
08/02/13 03:28 AM
Mathews Alabama
Ponderosa Offline OP
3 point
Ponderosa  Offline OP
3 point
Mathews Alabama
Originally Posted By: foldemup
The people I know are not upset that they can't hunt it for free/trespass, they are upset that they didn't have the opportunity to lease it directly from bww. I'm sure there are some neighborhood people that are mad for the reasons you explained. I guess the deciding factor is if bww is required to notify or not...hopefully someone will clarify legality. I bet bww could make much more money allowing people to bid on it.

It was already pricey and if they bid it out it will get expensive. Expensive leases usually results in more hunters.

Last edited by Ponderosa; 08/02/13 03:29 AM.

Re: Hunting Leases Recinded at Lake Purdy [Re: Ponderosa] #638911
08/02/13 03:32 AM
08/02/13 03:32 AM
alabama
BhamFred Offline
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Offline
Freak of Nature
alabama
Originally Posted By: Ponderosa

Oh, so BhamFred was a Game Warden? That makes sense, so I take back what I said about him tresspassing. So he is well aware of why the locals are fighting this. I guess I don't blame them. I would be upset too if I was losing access to land that I have been using for free for all these years.

Pay attention, I'll talk slow just for you...

You are very obviously not from around the lake. The lake and surrounding shore is fished damn near every day by the public without any charges. NO ONE AT BWWB has EVER said one word about them trespassing on BWWB lands or on the lake. NO one at BWWB, or any law enforcement agency has ever said ONE DAMN word about folks simple trespassing on BWWB lands except the area around the dam itself.

Clear???

I thought long on the adjoining landowner poaching statement of yours. I cannot recall from 1992 to 2005 ever catching a single landowner
poaching deer/turkey on BWWB lands around the lake itself, and only one on the lands south of Hwy 119. Thats ONE poacher in 17 years, hardly what I'd call a problem. And I caught a LOT of poachers on BWWB lands when I was working as a GW. Note: it's better to get yer facts straight BEFORE running yer pie hole about shucks you KNOW nothing about.

Neighboring landowners like Joy Oneal are concerned about activities on the land joining theirs and are pissed at the under the table actions of the BWWB.

I've spent most of the money I've made in my lifetime on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

Re: Hunting Leases Recinded at Lake Purdy [Re: Ponderosa] #638916
08/02/13 03:35 AM
08/02/13 03:35 AM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there
We'll see how it sorts out after it's determined if the Board violated laws by not publicizing bid requests if they were required to do so, or if how they secured agreements is OK.

Doesn't matter if the leases 'get expensive.' If the Board is required to bid it out, that's what they are supposed to do. If not, then not.

Anyone around Purdy who wants to raise the stink about "beer drinking, shooting horses, etc." is a buncha stupid IDOTS who have not been paying attention to Oak Mountain SP's safety the last 10 years or who doesn't care and wants the property for their own little personal area. Probably both.

"Best I can figure 97.365% of the general public is a paint chip eating, mouth breathing, certified dumbass." BCLC, 2020
Re: Hunting Leases Recinded at Lake Purdy [Re: BhamFred] #638928
08/02/13 03:49 AM
08/02/13 03:49 AM
Mathews Alabama
Ponderosa Offline OP
3 point
Ponderosa  Offline OP
3 point
Mathews Alabama
Originally Posted By: BhamFred
Originally Posted By: Ponderosa

Pay attention, I'll talk slow just for you...

You are very obviously not from around the lake. The lake and surrounding shore is fished damn near every day by the public without any charges. NO ONE AT BWWB has EVER said one word about them trespassing on BWWB lands or on the lake. NO one at BWWB, or any law enforcement agency has ever said ONE DAMN word about folks simple trespassing on BWWB lands except the area around the dam itself.

Clear???

I thought long on the adjoining landowner poaching statement of yours. I cannot recall from 1992 to 2005 ever catching a single landowner
poaching deer/turkey on BWWB lands around the lake itself, and only one on the lands south of Hwy 119. Thats ONE poacher in 17 years, hardly what I'd call a problem. And I caught a LOT of poachers on BWWB lands when I was working as a GW. Note: it's better to get yer facts straight BEFORE running yer pie hole about shucks you KNOW nothing about.

Neighboring landowners like Joy Oneal are concerned about activities on the land joining theirs and are pissed at the under the table actions of the BWWB.

Fishing from the shore of a public lake is a little different than hunting out of tree on private property. Look, I can totally understand the concern of how the BWWB went about offering the leases, but I find it hard to beleive that that is the main concern. I also find it hard to beleive that the adjoining landowners don't hunt and ride their horses all over that property. People in the know told us that goes on all the time. Joy would not have had any problems out of our group at all, but like I said I can't speak for the next bunch of guys that sign a lease.

Last edited by Ponderosa; 08/02/13 03:51 AM.

Re: Hunting Leases Recinded at Lake Purdy [Re: Ponderosa] #638932
08/02/13 03:58 AM
08/02/13 03:58 AM
alabama
BhamFred Offline
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Offline
Freak of Nature
alabama
no one at BWWB has EVER, read that EVER, complained to me or to any other LEO that I personally know of, when I was working about folks riding horses on BWWB land. I'd hardly call riding horses on unposted land owned by the people of Bham trespassing.

Sitting in a tree deer hunting is another matter and has been addressed.

Who is "people in the know"?????

Were you part of the group of leasors that told the landowners off Bailey road they could not park on the PUBLIC ROAD side in front of THEIR houses anymore or they would be ticketed????? I see threatening local landowners as a REAL problem and not a good way to start a relationship.....

proud Cracker-Americaan

Re: Hunting Leases Recinded at Lake Purdy [Re: Ponderosa] #638943
08/02/13 04:10 AM
08/02/13 04:10 AM
Round ‘bout there
C
Clem Offline
Mildly Quirky
Clem  Offline
Mildly Quirky
C
Round ‘bout there
Quote:
I can totally understand the concern of how the BWWB went about offering the leases, but I find it hard to beleive that that is the main concern.

I'm going to go all 49er now. THE main concern isn't whether a bunch of homeowners around there get to keep their little pet preserve or whether a bunch of poachers are in there or whether anyone can or should be able to hunt in there via lease agreement.

THE main concern at the moment is and should be whether the BWWB did things on the up-and-up in regard to the lease bid process and agreements, or if they violated any laws. You'd like to think after all the crap Shelby County has been through with its water-sewer problems and with today's instant 'news' traveling around the InnnerWebzz that someone on the BWWB would have said "Wait, let's make sure about this."

So, yeah, the process by which the leases were announced, bid, if they were bid, and how all that got done should be the first and foremost thing at the moment. Sort out that and make sure everything's done properly (if it wasn't) and then handle the rest of the whining BS going on.

It should be the main concern at this moment. If this had been done by DCNR with a piece of WMA land, or the State Board of Education with a piece of its land, it would be cool? No. People would be raising holy hell about it. Because it's a city-county water works board it's OK? No. Shouldn't be.

It'll get sorted out. BWWB needs to tell the whining residents to shaddup with all the ignorance and scare tactics.

Re: Hunting Leases Recinded at Lake Purdy [Re: BhamFred] #638946
08/02/13 04:11 AM
08/02/13 04:11 AM
Mathews Alabama
Ponderosa Offline OP
3 point
Ponderosa  Offline OP
3 point
Mathews Alabama

no one at BWWB has EVER, read that EVER, complained to me or to any other LEO that I personally know of, when I was working about folks riding horses on BWWB land. I'd hardly call riding horses on unposted land owned by the people of Bham trespassing.

Sitting in a tree deer hunting is another matter and has been addressed.

Who is "people in the know"?????

Were you part of the group of leasors that told the landowners off Bailey road they could not park on the PUBLIC ROAD side in front of THEIR houses anymore or they would be ticketed????? I see threatening local landowners as a REAL problem and not a good way to start a relationship.....

They may not have complained about horse riding then, but when the land is leased for hunting it will definately be a problem. I have no idea what you are talking about concerning Bailey Rd. You know the "people in the know" and you know what they are talking about.

Re: Hunting Leases Recinded at Lake Purdy [Re: Clem] #638949
08/02/13 04:14 AM
08/02/13 04:14 AM
Mathews Alabama
Ponderosa Offline OP
3 point
Ponderosa  Offline OP
3 point
Mathews Alabama

Originally Posted By: Clem
Quote:
I can totally understand the concern of how the BWWB went about offering the leases, but I find it hard to beleive that that is the main concern.

I'm going to go all 49er now. THE main concern isn't whether a bunch of homeowners around there get to keep their little pet preserve or whether a bunch of poachers are in there or whether anyone can or should be able to hunt in there via lease agreement.

THE main concern at the moment is and should be whether the BWWB did things on the up-and-up in regard to the lease bid process and agreements, or if they violated any laws. You'd like to think after all the crap Shelby County has been through with its water-sewer problems and with today's instant 'news' traveling around the InnnerWebzz that someone on the BWWB would have said "Wait, let's make sure about this."

So, yeah, the process by which the leases were announced, bid, if they were bid, and how all that got done should be the first and foremost thing at the moment. Sort out that and make sure everything's done properly (if it wasn't) and then handle the rest of the whining BS going on.

It should be the main concern at this moment. If this had been done by DCNR with a piece of WMA land, or the State Board of Education with a piece of its land, it would be cool? No. People would be raising holy hell about it. Because it's a city-county water works board it's OK? No. Shouldn't be.

It'll get sorted out. BWWB needs to tell the whining residents to shaddup with all the ignorance and scare tactics.

AGREED!

Re: Hunting Leases Recinded at Lake Purdy [Re: Ponderosa] #638954
08/02/13 04:28 AM
08/02/13 04:28 AM
alabama
BhamFred Offline
Freak of Nature
BhamFred  Offline
Freak of Nature
alabama
I don't know who you are calling "the people in the know", why I asked. Some folks think they know, some have an agenda on what they say, and others are simply too stupid to know, and some do know. I don't know which ones you are talking about....

I agree there most likely will never be any safety issues with bowhunters on that land, and legal hunters will deter poachers from hunting there, actually making the area , and surrounding lands, safer. No poachers with guns is always a good thing.

my wife, while legally hunting, was barely missed by a poachers bullet onct. Like missed her head by inches. She cell called me and gave me directions, I put two and two together and was waiting at his exit spot. You can imagine it did not go well for him.

Be interesting to see how all this airs out....

proud Cracker-Americaan

Re: Hunting Leases Recinded at Lake Purdy [Re: BhamFred] #638959
08/02/13 04:35 AM
08/02/13 04:35 AM
Hampton Cove
foldemup Offline
14 point
foldemup  Offline
14 point
Hampton Cove

my wife, while legally hunting, was barely missed by a poachers bullet onct. Like missed her head by inches.

Was she intentionally shot at knowing she was human, or was it a dumbarse that claimed to mistake her for a deer?

Re: Hunting Leases Recinded at Lake Purdy [Re: Ponderosa] #638970
08/02/13 04:55 AM
08/02/13 04:55 AM
walker co al
T
theolgoat Offline
3 point
theolgoat  Offline
3 point
T
walker co al
This is about money that's it. BWWB saw an opportunity to drive the lease price through the roof. Man in the article said hunting will be allowed but they just needed to research it to see how they were going to do it. Do you really think he said that just to say it. That ol boy said that for a reason, if the homeowners want it they better get ready to pay for it that's what he really meant. If the property owners don't want hunting around there that's fine let them pay the lease. If they can't afford it and a group that wants to hunt can that's fine to. The property owners will just have to learn to deal with it because it isn't there land,as long as the hunters are legal and within the guidelines the property owner and the state lay out they'll just have to get over it. Mark my words the BWWB will end up making twice the money off this the next time it comes open for bid.

Re: Hunting Leases Recinded at Lake Purdy [Re: Ponderosa] #638976
08/02/13 05:03 AM
08/02/13 05:03 AM
Tuscaloosa Co.
N
N2TRKYS Offline
Booner
N2TRKYS  Offline
Booner
N
Tuscaloosa Co.
What good is a lease, if they can recant it without violations on the leasee part?

83% of all statistics are made up.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.