Originally Posted By: bowhunt55
The deer harvested at Hamilton Hills, Portland landing, and the Selma area seems to be bigger than the Bullock/Macon area deer. Seem to be wider and have more mass. Is the soil that much different there than the south macon /north bullock counties area? Bullock/macon seems to have high good population densities and we do kill good deer there too, but the Selma area guys seems to consistently kill better deer on average. Is this true? If so, why? Thanks

I would tend to disagree with that.... I hunt Bullock and have for years now.... I have hunted Dallas all around White Oak Creek and P.L. Close to Casey's camp and the boys ranch... Near Minter HWY 85..89...and 4.... I would say there is not much difference between the two. Not to say other areas of Dallas may be better... just my comparison when I hunted down that way.... I hunted there for 12 years and have hunted Bullock for the last 8 years.....If I had to pick one over the other it would be a coin toss.... I would be happy with either side of the coin....

On a another note... You get a chance to hunt near Fitzpatrick....you might change your mind....

Last edited by Tru-Talker; 07/05/13 06:18 PM.

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves...

Confucius