Originally Posted By: 2Dogs
Originally Posted By: Bowhunter84
I've owned 3 model 7's and 2 ruger compacts. The model 7's would out shoot the rugers I had any day. Im not saying the rugers wouldnt shoot good im just saying the remington would shoot 1 ragged hole and the best i ever got out of the rugers was a 1.5" group BUT i only tried 2 kinds of ammo in them. The model 7's were more comfortable to shoot and the rugers were to small for me to shoot comfortably. The rugers were more of a pleasure to carry due to their smaller size. Overall if I had to pick one of those for ME to hunt with it would be the model 7 hands down. It just overall fit ME better...

The Kimber felt like a Ruger to me. I'm pretty tall and hold my head more straight up than most when shooting. The drop and length of pull just doesn't feel good on a Kimber or Ruger to me, not comfortable at all.

That's the same problem I had with it. When I shouldered the ruger I had to either slide my head back or push the gun off my shoulder a good bit and reposition my cheek on the stock. Way to much to think about when out there hunting...

"Just remember a gobbler has to win every time, you only have to win once"
BC