Originally Posted By: arKic
Originally Posted By: outdoorobsession

Are you overseas serving right now? If you are thanks for your service buddy!

I serve those who serve... 24 years Television Production as a Soldier and Civil Service with the Army, retirement is real close!!

My goal after retirement is to produce Outdoor product commericals... Its a tough market also, but something I've always wanted to do...

as you saw in the links to my one show..we ran a full outdoor tv production company. We produced over 30 outdoor TV commercials for companies. It is tough too..but not as tough as producing hunting TV shows.

I think with your background actually that you will find it ALOT easier then most..as outdoor TV companies..LOVE VETERANS and soldiers!

I tell people you have to have a "hook",..something different then the rest. I would definitely highlight your military experience and formal training..as I went to school for it too..most do not. Any REAL training in it puts you at a higher level then most.

I used that for a "hook" as well.

Though to be honest I found that my real "hook" for getting backing was my attractive wife. She had the wholesome outdoorsy blond look they liked.

The industry really tries to get females and kids involved. That is why our first show went so well..and got us established.

They knew us from filming..my wife often travelled with me when I filmed and cooked for the guys. Our son traveled with us too. My first show was a family show back in 1999 and the early 2000s. There were only a few with woman hunting and fishing back then. Now it has become normal.

It was alot easier to get sponsors to talk to us when there was a very beautiful blond girl coming to their booth.

I remember at the shot show in Vegas or Orlando one year..we went to MDM Muzzleloaders booth. They were already talking to two guys right here from Alabama..Tony Nafe and Keith Davis..from "Gone Hunting"..(Im proud to say Tony is a friend of mine..a great guy..with good values and a good show, as well as a degree in TV production)and a few other shows were milling around waiting to approach them.

They saw my wife and I went straight to the front of the line!
I took advantage of it too. Signed them up immediately..and even made their commercial as well that ran on our show. They stuck with us the whole time..even sponsoring my last show in 2008 to 2010..as the title sponsor.

They also signed with tony and keith too..so it worked out for all of us.