Alrighty, then...I had the smoker's hot plate set around "Medium", so once the meat was in, the temperature built a lot more slowly than if I'd had a smoker with a thermostat. Rather than the 3 or 3 1/2 hours I anticipated, it took closer to 5 1/2 hours, but here are the results...

Hot off the grill...when the core temp. of the roll reached 165 degrees, it was done.

Applying the glaze...since my BBQ sauce was vinegar-based, I added some honey for a smoother, shinier glaze.

The finished glaze...took it about 20 minutes or so to set up...

The finished product...NOTE: use a VERY sharp knife to cut with, in order to maintain the integrity of the slice. Otherwise, you'll end up making a mess and spoiling your presentation.

Final step....the taste test! I gotta say, this didn't taste anything like I expected it to. With so much bacon, I sort of figured it would overwhelm the other flavors and dominate the roll. Not so. Using the venison sausage was a great idea, I think, since venison cooks to a whole different texture than pork does. The flavors were all well balanced. The bacon, the venison, the BBQ sauce, the Mesquite smoke, and the glaze all knew their roles and played their parts well.

Well behaved women never make history.~ Out back
Quit laughing...I think I broke something.

Fifteen is my limit on Schnitzen-Gruben, Baby...

I have OCD and ADD, so everything has to be perfect, but only for a minute.