Step 5. I like bacon crispy, so it was easier to crush than to chop...it turned out finer than the chopped bacon shown in the link to the recipe.

Step 6. I had some Kraft BBQ sauce onhand, so that's what I used. It doesn't lend itself well to "drizzling", though, so I poured some on, then daubed at it a bit with a BBQ brush.

Step 7. The recipe describes this as "the fun part"...it was more like "the tricky part"! Rolling the thick layer of sausage, while keeping the roll tight and the ingredients contained took a little patience.

Step 8. I used a spatula to get the edge of the bacon weave up and started, and it all rolled right up. I was patting myself on the back at this point, congratulating myself on how much like the picture in the link it looked!

So...it's on the smoker, now...should be ready around 3:30 or so...we'll see how it all comes out!

A word about the smoker...I don't have one. I'd LOVE a BGE, but haven't been able to find room in the budget for one, yet. I'm using a homemade smoker, borrowed from fireman...it's like a BGE...2 12" terracotta pots, with a grill and a hotplate for the heat source. I call it, the Big Orange Egg! This marks my first attempt at smoking anything, ever...seems to doing fine, though, and fireman swears it works like a charm!

Well behaved women never make history.~ Out back
Quit laughing...I think I broke something.

Fifteen is my limit on Schnitzen-Gruben, Baby...

I have OCD and ADD, so everything has to be perfect, but only for a minute.