Originally Posted By: Fun4all
Originally Posted By: jmj120
Originally Posted By: Fun4all

Just curious, how do you hunt? What methods do you use to locate deer?

I hunt deer with a bow, rifle, shotgun sometimes and a pistol while sitting in a treestand, stillhunting and from a ground blind on rivate and public land. I locate deer by putting in time and effort scouting getting the lay of the land and gaining knowledge of what, where and when deer do what they do in their house, which seems to have worked the last 36 or 37 years. Thanks for asking!

Sounds good. I guess none of these deer you hunt are traveling from a bedding area to a food source?
Explain the difference in a 30 acre cornfield, some bush-hogged and some left standing, or dumping out 10 sacks of corn in an open field. I'd really like to hear your reasoning.

Instead of discussing sacks of corn that will be gone in a few days waiting for someone to show back up and dump some more out when they WANT to, or setting a timer to ring the dinner bell on the feeder and re filling it up when they WANT to or planting corn and leaving it in the field to provide cover and food for periods when nobody is around and does not require somebody to WANT to come and place more out. Why don't you provide insight into where you think the legal line should be drawn in the methods and strategies to kill the ever elusive deer? It is obvious that dumping corn out of a bag is acceptable, what about spotlight deer standing at a feeder in the middle of a greenfield where it is perfectly safe? I had to add the perfectly safe part to keep the discussion out of the safety ditch, if the State can mandate that you have to wear hunter orange while in the woods below 12' they can mandate that you have a flashlight, glowing hat etc if you are below 12', so don't go there. Unless of course you would rather discuss that instead of where you think the line should be drawn. Also, you might want to provide thoughts on why it should be legal to "feed"/"bait" during hunting season on private property that is adjacent to or even inside a public area like a management area but not legal on the public land? Of coures I expect the "you can't control the public land" or confrontation comments. Should the private land owner be provided with a method or strategy that is not open to the adjacent public land hunter? Why should the private land hunter be allowed this startegy, is it harder to kill a deer on private land? [/quote]

*********************************************************************************************************************************
So now you're going to tell me I can't have a feeder on my legally owned property? As long as there are backwards arse people in this backwards arse state we'll have backwards arse laws.
Meanwhile other states just legalize it, but manage their herd through a tagging system that actually works.

Last edited by jmj120; 04/04/13 01:58 PM.