Originally Posted By: jmj120
Originally Posted By: Fun4all
Originally Posted By: dattangdiff
And fun4all that was directed to you as I assume ur comment about wanting was directed at me

Nope, not directed at you, but glad you are working on what is good for your club. My point is, instead of getting out there and hunting to best the deer in his house there are an awful lot of people (yes, word chosen for a reason) that would rather use any and every short cut to make deer change their habits and make it easier to kill a deer. It is not needed unless your life depends on it, does yours?

So it's easier to kill a deer in Florida or Texas than Alabama?

I have never hunted in Florida or Texas, so I could not provide a first hand account. I do however, have first hand experience in Alabama with a group of fellows that used corn and yes they killed deer at "their stands" just about anytime they hunted "their stands". Once I was able to do some scouting around their stands and found out what was going on, I quickly divorced myself from that situation and never return to that property. Interestingly enough, there were a number of gentlemen in law enforcement that hunted that property. So if my experience stands true, it takes less skill, woodsmanship and knowledge to dump a bag of corn out and consistently see and shoot deer. You may have a different experience in Florida and Texas and can provide your knowledge.

"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope