Originally Posted By: jmj120
Originally Posted By: Fun4all
Originally Posted By: ElkHunter
Originally Posted By: Fun4all
Originally Posted By: dattangdiff
Talked to warden again yday and he said they are just gonna write more hunters orange tickets, licenses not actually on the hunters and deer not marked or called in whichever they go with.

He said they were meeting in a month or so to go over this and learn exactly how they are goin to police this new rule.

As a club board member I wished they had either left it alone or jus made it legal. Reason being if one guys puts it out and another gets to close not knowing its there he gets a ticket. This sucks !

The government NEVER does anything for you, but they certainly do things to you!! If they make baiting legal they should make spotlighting legal!

WHAT????????????????

LOL!!!! To some a dead deer is a dead deer no matter whether it is killed with a spear along a trail or killed with a howitzer standing over a pile of corn, so why would spotlighting and shooting a deer be any different?? Before the issue of safety is brought up, the other methods have safety concerns also. What it boils down to is where does the line get drawn for ways to kill a deer?? It seems that more and more people want the absolute easiest way to do it, so where does it stop?? Just questions to ponder when one starts thinking about ways to take advantage at any cost.

That is the craziest reasoning I've ever seen.
Just more of Alabama's backwards arse way of doing things.
Is it easier to kill a deer in Texas or Florida??
Think outside the box every now and again.

Read the second post and let me know what the difference is. I live outside the box by the way. Deer hunting is not mine or anybody else's life or death, so kill'em at any cost the easiest way possible just isn't required or neeeded, but apparently there is a whole lot of WANTING. Sad really when you think about it.

"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope