Originally Posted By: 49er
Quote:
Sykes added the definition will allow people to continue to trap hogs on their land while still being able to hunt deer. Previously, the baited hog traps effectively prevented people from hunting deer in the area of the trap.

Mr. Sykes needs to read the law. When the commissioner classified feral hogs as a protected game animal, he made it illegal to bait or trap them. (9-11-244 and 9-11-245)

The "area" is only defined for deer and hogs in the proposed amended rule. If you kill any other species of game animal, that still leaves it to the discretion of the game warden to define "area". The "rebuttal" clause in the proposed change allows for the same thing. That is unconstitutional.

This whole mess is a money trap and it needs to disappear in its entirety. Our legislature needs to repeal it.

The rule will go thru the AAPA review and comment process. Hunters should use their opportunity to express their opinions before this is finalized.

I agree - this new "rule" is the biggest buch of cockamemee bull I
have ever seen. I cannot believe how idiotic Chuck Sykes comments
are. Whoever appointed him as the new director of the Wildlife and
Freshwater Fish Dept. needs to have their head examined.

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

" Chuck Sykes is a dictator control freak like Vladimir Putin " WmHunter