Originally Posted By: Jpipererp
Originally Posted By: 1bamashooter
Originally Posted By: NightHunter
Originally Posted By: tfd1224
what about a 300 wsm? i am a huge fan of 30 cal bullets

The WSM's have a cultish following in the long range precision game. You see more of the 7 WSM'S the 300 WSM is a good hunting round. As for the 7 WSM the 7 SAUM is more efficient with less powder (meaning a slight bit less recoil). Brass is hard to come by though. If you really wanted to push the envelope build a 300 or 7 WSM on a long action so you can long throat them.

That is how I built my 7 SAUM. You can get impressive results this way.

The 6.5 WSM is becoming more popular also. The best thing you can do besides practice is find someone that shoots long range competitively and learn all you can about it from them they will teach you things about LR shooting than a bunch of folks on a forum can.

My buddy goes to a class ab once a month with a guy that does long range and 3gun comps. He said that by the end of it he was able to spot for shooters and track the bullets out to 1000. Brad was consistent at 600 after that with a 308 sps.

I started shooting with a guy that held and still holds some 1000yd group records, I wasn't a bad LR shooter before but after shooting with him and his training has really helped my shooting, hell I've even won a couple of matches over the years.

Keep your booger hooker off the bang switch.