Originally Posted By: tfd1224
Originally Posted By: doekiller
I am not a fan of the 7mag. But, your reasons for not wanting one do not hold water. I bullet can not be going "to fast" to mushroom.

well i owned a 7 mag for 5 years and distinctly remember shooting a buck 5 times with it and then having to drown him in a beaver pond after i used all 8 of the bullets i had on me. shots between 250 to 50 yds, when i shot him the first time he ran straight at me. i shot a coyote from 270 and you may have stuck a pencil in the exit hole. i killed probably 10 deer with that gun and only dropped 2. one of them was a doe i spine shot at 319 as she was trotting across the gasline and the other was a 6 point that was on the other side of a 2" pine sapling i dead centered. i was not impressed and i shot a variety of weights and different bullets.

No offense but maybe you shouldn't be shooting that far unless you put the time in behind the trigger. I've killed a lot of deer with my 7mag and like tc said I've had to trail one deer I shot at 200 yards behind the shoulder with a fail safe she ran maybe a 100-150 yards

We will burn that bridge when we get there