Originally Posted By: Bucktrot
Originally Posted By: Hogwild
Do you guys REALLY think there are no 'small', or 'young' bucks killed in the Midwest????

TV is gonna be the demise of hunting for sheer enjoyment.

Heck, if a guy is happy with killing an 80" 8pt.... I am happy for them!!!!!

Yes, immature bucks do get killed in the Midwest but if you're a mature hunter and you kill a 2.5 yr old 8 pt, even with a bow, you're frowned upon by many of the locals. It's not just TV hunting; it's the general attitude of most Midwest hunters. Or at least that's what I viewed while hunting in IL and MO for several 1st/2nd weeks of November.

Most mature Midwest bucks are something to be proud of and worth the wait.

So, unless someone only kills what you consider a trophy then they should be degraded? Those guys in the Midwest that look down their nose at what someone else kills are assholes if they act like you say they do.

I am extremely selective about what I shoot and have been since I killed my very first buck but I'm not going to say another hunter is hunting the wrong way if he defines success differently than I do.

I would hope others wouldn't try to force their standards on me and I won't force mine on them.
What someone else does on their own property, as long as its legal, shouldn't be of any concern to anyone else.

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard