Originally Posted By: 49er
If it doesn't come from Auburn, the AWF, ALFA, and now the QDMA, then it won't pass the smell test in Alabama.

Elitist bureacrats will spend your liberty like they spend federal grant money and make you think you like it if you aren't vigilant.

Dang, figured you might weigh in but was wrong on sides again shocked Maybe you're like PCP and just wait to get on opposite sides from me. grin I sure figured this argument would be the same as yours... Go figure confused

Originally Posted By: gobbler
The bottom line is that if I have a property there, and I DON"T want these deer on my place, this project negatively effects MY property rights and that does not seem to have been considered - kinda like why WOULDN'T"T any one want this??

Your analogy to fallow deer is a good one, but substitute PIGS or COYOTES for fallow deer - get my point? Both of these critters WERE released by well-intentioned landowners just trying to help out the sportsmen of Alabama to have another critter to hunt. Just deciding that since someone thinks it is good then lets subject everyone to it is the issue. I personal am GLAD the fallows are gone - again there are negative effects of exotic wildlife in free-range situations and if I don't want them, I shouldn't be subject to someone elses thought of a good idea. I wish the same had happened to pigs, kudzu, privet, bahaia, bermuda, fescue, starlings, European sparrows, chinaberry, popcorn tree, mimosa, autumn olive, wisteria, etc... all of which were released or established with good intentions but are having significant negative consequences.

Aren't the elitists the $$ guys releasing these deer and forcing landowners who DON"T want them to have them on their property? They are not in a high fence and can wander anywhere they want.

Last edited by gobbler; 10/15/12 05:13 PM.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine