>>>PCP makes a comment that doesnt fall in line 100% with your thinking and you comment about him! <<<

Polywaug, gobbler is my forester and is always looking for a chance to argue with me. Maybe its the fact that he's lost every single debate we've ever had on here that causes him to keep coming back for more. smile

I shoulda stayed out of this, but since I didn't, guess I better dig the hole a little deeper. The main thing in the thread that I objected to was the use of the term "genetically modified." Or maybe it was "genetically altered." I don't remember, and don't even remember who used it, and I sure ain't suffering thru reading this whole thread again. Anyway, Genetically Modified is a term that has been accepted everywhere to mean tampering with the genes of plants and animals. I used RR corn as an example in my first post. Here's a short article on it:

http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/elsi/gmfood.shtml

I do NOT believe the deer to be used in the BBP have been genetically modified. IF they have, that I would sure be against it being legal to release them. I believe that the big antlers have been bred into them by regular old selective breeding; something that every livestock man does.

So I think the opponents of the BBP ought to use a different term and not imply that the deer have been genetically altered.

And my other main point was that there are lots of hunters out there that would be more than happy to pay a lot of money to shoot a Frankenbuck. The more that you call them that and talk about them, the more you actually help the program instead of hurting it.

Gobbler said:
>>>Sometimes I will stretch a description to make a point. There is a technical term for it but I don't know it!<<<

I think the word you are looking for is hyperbole. You are a Master of it. smile Glad you didn't take my arguments personally.

Everyone please carry on. wink

All the labor of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled.