Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher
Gobbler, I didn't think I was taking anyone's side; just telling the truth as I saw it. They can call the deer whatever they want, but they are not genetically modified. At least, I don't think they are. If they are the product of something more than selective breeding, then please post that and I will change my tune in a hurry. I think calling them Frankenbucks and all the kind of stuff is helping the project instead of hurting it. They've now got a 6 page post on aldeer, with folks greatly exaggerating the impact of what they are gonna do - that's just what they need.

About 8 or 9 years ago there was a post about a high fence operation in the state and the aldeer gang showed no mercy in their criticism. I found out later that the guy was swarmed with phone calls from people wanting to come hunt the enclosure. He didn't have enough deer and had to turn most of them away. For every aldeer poster blasting them, there must have been 10 others reading who would have been happy to shoot one of those big bucks.

Keep telling the world that the BBP involves genetically modified Frankenbucks and you are doing just what they want. Truth in advertising works both ways.

I didn't mention any poster by name, and didn't agree or disagree with anyone personally. I just tried to point out that the project is unlikely to have any effect on the deer herd either way, and the only way it will impact people is if they get lots of publicity - good or bad.

A good day to all!

PCP:
Since your arguments are typically as well thought out and honest as any on here (and never cross personal lines), I enjoy debating various issues with you. Heck it's usually not any fun unless you have an opposing position grin You typically lend common sense as well as a sense of humor. You have never gotten personal on any issue and are still my favorite aldeer poster! wink My encouraging comment was in reference to you often siding with 9'r (he likes it when you do it, hates it when I do!!??)

Sometimes I will stretch a description to make a point. There is a technical term for it but I don't know it! Genetically modified, no, but their stated purpose is to modify the genetics of the Marengo co deer herd by releasing these breeder bucks. Call it whatever, but genetic modification is the unrealistic goal of the project. I just wish they were using all this advertising for a realistic goal that could have a positive impact for all of Alabama's deer herd - HABITAT. I guarantee we can grow Frankenbucks on well managed habitat in Alabama. I've got plenty of clients that are doing just that.

My analogy RE the backyard BBQ was referencing only one poster on here that has come in in and started telling everyone to "shut up" and to "go bother someone else". No offense intended grin

A good day to all wink

Originally Posted By: polywaug
PCP makes a comment that doesnt fall in line 100% with your thinking and you comment about him!

Trust me, you are clueless about how I think about PCP.

Last edited by gobbler; 10/14/12 11:03 AM.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine