Originally Posted By: longbow76
Originally Posted By: bwhunter

Will this buck qualify for AON's truck buck contest? Or any of the other Big Buck contest throughout the state. If it's killed legally, outside of a high fence, then he would qualify right? This is going to get real interesting when someone kills one of these giants.
What about the Alabama whitetail record books. Is there a way to disqualify these deer if they are harvested. Just a thought. Someone may have brought this up but there are too many pages to go back through and check.

I wouldn't think it would be much of an issue for contests. If they are releasing hundreds of deer how could you ever prove which one was which anyway. I think it would be kind of like the fishing tournaments at Miller's Ferry, there are captive raised bass released into the river as part of of program but they don't test the fish they catch in tournaments to see if they are one of the captive bred ones. Or like the trout they release into the streams in other states, if you catch a state record trout they don't do any dna test or anything to see if it came from the breeding facility.

I am not talking about an offspring of the breeder buck. I am saying if I kill the buck in that picture or one of his 200" buddies that we know for a fact came from a high fence facility. If I enter a 180" deer into a big buck contest and the deers picture is on the BBP website showing it jumping out of a trailer. Seems that it would stir up some trouble.