Originally Posted By: gobbler

Heres "what I think of that"! If there is a quail duck or bass released on my property, I released it! The bass stay in the pond they were released in, the quail usually leave in the teeth or talons of a predator and I am opposed to releasing ducks for the same reason - they will end up somewhere else. I frequent a LOT of quail hatcheries and know a lot of producers in central AL, south GA and north FL and they DON'T have "genetically altered" quail, especially those raised and altered for a particular physical trait.

I am not a Marengo co landowner, but have clients that are, who I discussed this with and they don't like it for the same reasons I don't, hence the original comment I had regarding this misinformed and misguided "project".

Regardless, it this a democratic decision? Kinda like 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner??

I am a land owner in Marengo County and I have been following this thread. I also know the guys who are doing this project and they have put a lot more thought into it that most of the people I see on this thread. I could not help but comment after seeing the above post. Here are my questions.

Who said their deer were going to be genetically altered? From what I understand it is no different than quail that are hand selected for their "genetic superiority" accordind to this farm http://www.blackcreekquailfarm.com/WQTR.html

For you to think you can release quail on your property and any disease they have can't be spread to the other property is very hypocritical to say.

Last edited by justhangin; 10/04/12 07:35 AM.