Originally Posted By: truedouble
Originally Posted By: longbow76
They aren't bringing in any deer from out of the state. That is illegal. Thousands of deer are released in Alabama every year that are bought from breeder facilities. They are released in high fences and in the wild. I know people who do this every year and has been going on for over 15 years now. The breeding facilities are state regulated.

For the post on these deer being in a high fence, last time I checked a wire fence didn't stop any disease, so my original question stands. why is this any different that releasing them in a high fence? And don't tell me they don't mingle with other deer, EHD is transmitted through insects bites.

what deer from breeder facilities are released in the wild? That's the first I've ever heard of that.

All you have to do is call the state and request the information. All state breeders have to verify with the state anytime they move or release a deer. I know several landowners personally who do this on a yearly basis and have been doing so for many years. I have personally witnessed deer being released.