I haven't watched a game since Shaq retired. After MJ retired I only watched a handful of games, and those were Shaq. Growing up, my grandfather loved watching the Bulls and I'd watch with him. We rarely missed a game with MJ playing. FB figured out I would watch MJ videos and it pushes them to me constantly. Particularly the MJ / LeBron / Kobe GOAT debate stuff. And for whatever reason, I watch them. I remember taking my grandfather to the Barons to watch MJ too. No idea why he liked him so much, but we watched whenever we could. Watching the GOAT debates has me wondering what the NBA is like now.

So for the first time I tune in to watch a game. Celtics and heat. 5:10 left in the 1st quarter. Score is 12 to 6. I've never seen such poor defense, worse shot selection and so many missed shots and poor ball handling. Multiple flops for incidental contact.

I cannot see the draw, and if this is the modern NBA, I can see why Lebron has lasted so long. There is nothing about this garbage that is worth watching. No anticipation of fireworks like when MJ was playing. For me the GOAT debate isn't a debate. This product is complete garbage and I cannot see how it could even be remotely entertaining to anyone who grew up watching the Bulls in the 80's and 90's.

I know this group of rednecks couldn't care less, and frankly I don't either. But I do have that much more respect for what the game was then compared to now. Doubt I'll ever tune in to another game.

And I just realized I should have put in the sports forum. I apologize.

Last edited by Fattyfireplug; 04/27/24 05:28 PM.

Character is not developed in moments of temptation and trial. That is when it is intended to be used.