When we hunted KS last year my partner said it reminded him a lot of Crab Orchard. Basically what yall are saying about the ag fields. Seeing deer wasn't an issue but getting in on a good buck was another story. Im looking at the areas near the lake that look like big woods with poor access except by water. I know it will take some scouting. I feel like going in by water and focusing on wooded areas away from the ag crops in Nov might pay off. But boats can bring in new challenges as well. I just enjoy hunting new places and the challenge of looking at maps before I have ever set foot in a spot. If you harvest it makes it very rewarding. He knows some guys that actually had success after the gun hunt which is opposite of everything I heard. I will be off work the whole week of the season opener so that's exciting. I could also likely take off a few days and get in a 6 day hunt from Nov 6-11th. 2 trips should greatly increase my odds of arrowing a good buck. Anyways I love an adventure and once you hunt out of state you realize our hunting in Alabama cant compare. At least not 99% of the time.

Its not the will to win but the will to prepare to win!