Originally Posted by Lockjaw
Alot of the time, now especially, you have to work with whatever powder you can find.

A load that shows promise in my 308 is 45 gr of VVN135 under a 150 grain. 44 grains also shot well, but splitting the difference didn't. The problem with that powder when you can find data online, is the "max load" is all over the place for different 150 grain bullets. This is over it, yet shows no signs of pressure. It cycled fine through my AR10 too.

Varget and IMR 4064 are good powders for a 308. One of the Reloader powders is really good and so is Tac. I haven't shot varget yet. I was looking for some at the gun show last weekend, but didn't want to pay the sticker price.

TAC shot very well in my 308 with the 130gr TTSXs. The local shop that I found the different powders at can’t get Varget right now. I have found plenty online but I really don’t want to pay the hazmat fee for just 1lb of powder. There’s a few other powders that I need for other rifles so I’ll get multiple containers once o decide so it would be worth the extra fee.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chews your a$$ all day long.