Just trying to pass on info, because I know others are in my position. Truck worn out and needed a new one. Transmission was shot, strange shifting and making loud noises; it was ready to go at any time.

My truck:
2015, 227k miles, needed transmission ($8k - no shucks), and another ~$1-2k (belt, new plugs, tune up, radiator flush, etc - never done any of this)

New Truck:
2023 F150 XLT 4x4 (3.5 6cyl) (demo with 500 miles)
MSRP - $63k
They gave me $6500 for my truck & it needed ~$9k work for me to continue driving it (So $15k-ish)
Internet stated $10.1k off. It was that or the 1.9% for 72 mos financing dead. I did get ~$8.8k off.

(You also have to include fees, tags transfer and sales tax to add on the total out the door)

I put nothing down, and have a $745 payment (72 months) = $53640 total payment (About $2600 in interest payments)
Based on my last truck the truck will cost me ~$0.24 per mile (excluding tires, gas, oil, etc)

Right now if you put $40,000 in a saving acct @5% it would be worth 53,603 in 6 years. So you are better off keeping your $ in a savings account than putting a bunch of $ down.

--------------
For what it is worth: I still agree with me!
A big man will stand up for himself; a great man will stand up for others.
Processor Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1OTDcvGoo3puyO-CV10he3pH97IE