Originally Posted by burbank
Originally Posted by Mbrock
Originally Posted by CNC
Originally Posted by burbank
Not a fan of high fences and it has nothing to do with the deer.

Are we that worried about what neighbors shoot legally?

If I spent seven or eight figures to buy hunting land I would be......

Yep. Guy spends a couple million on a good tract in a good area, spends a couple hundred grand a year in improvements, habitat modifications, etc, and can’t grow a deer past 3 years old because he’s doing all the work for the neighbors with 20 acres around him to pull the trigger. Is what it is. Right or wrong, I don’t blame them one bit and can understand it.

Are you telling me that a guy with 20 acres can really impact someone with 1000 plus acres and millions of dollars?

If so, the guy with the millions must be dumb AF. Go offer the owner cash that he can’t refuse. Outspend him, out bait him. It doesn’t require a fence.

Absolutely. I’ve seen small land owners kill more bucks in a weekend than larger landowners will in an entire season, and they do it every weekend they can. It’s kind of like the poor getting free benefits at the expense of the wealthy. Not much different. They’re reaping the benefits of someone else’s hard labor. Now, in a lot of cases it’s perfectly legal, and they’re taking deer according to the law and regulations, but it’s highly frustrating to the guy or guys producing the deer. Another scenario I see often is one group of hunters trying to produce a certain age class of deer and their neighbors content on killing every deer they see one year younger. You’ll get to the point that one is killing 85-90% of the age class just under what the other wants. And yes, it’s very easy to do. People think killing deer is difficult. It’s not at all. With todays technology a group of hunters can effectively kill an entire age class of their choosing every season. Then the other gets frustrated and either sells, drops the place or fences it in to achieve their objectives.