Originally Posted by CNC
You talk about big picture Abolt……..Look at the rising lease prices and what’s feeding into it…..If there wasn’t an unlimited amount of out of state pockets that can just come in and jack the prices up we might not be seeing such “inflation”…..As it is right now the ceiling is way up there for folks to just keep raising the price and packing more hunters in…….Lower the bag limits on them to make up for it……….Maximize profits ……Big picture abolt……big picture…….

Man you really need a shot of reality. Everything is double, triple, quadruple or a 10X increase in price from what it was 5, 10, 15, 20 yrs ago. Lease prices are no different than the cost of 4x4 trucks and cars, groceries, lumber, gas, oil, boats, houses, insurance, property taxes, hourly wages, and on and on. Unfortunately, it is the world we live in. Thanks in large part, to a govt that just prints money on a whim.

People will raise prices until people refuse to pay. At the point in time when they cannot get what they want, they will say okay, if you will not pay what I want to get, I'll just take this land out of the lease pool and no longer lease it for hunting. That will happen long before a price drop will, and unfortunately, that's just a fact of life. We arent ever going back to the way things used to be. I'll also say that I've been outbid on some really good property, that I've really wanted to get control of, on several occasions. It's never been by someone from out of state. Every single time it has happened, it's been a group of lawyers or doctors out of Mobile or Birmingham, and one time by a guy that owns a big trucking company here in Alabama.

Last edited by abolt300; 03/05/24 05:06 PM.