Originally Posted by CNC
Originally Posted by abolt300

Well if Alabama hunters are killing 90+% of the deer, and the herd is decreasing then the Bama residents probably need to exercise some restraint and if they cannot, which they continually prove that they cant, then the state will have to step in and make a reduction in the limits. I'm telling you, the majority of those out of state licenses are people like my future son in law that came with my daughter to the camp at Christmas and bought an out of state license for the 2 days he hunted with the family. The largest percentage of those out of state licenses are going to be people coming in to hunt the pay hunt operations all over Alabama. Alabama's deer season is 4 months (16 weeks) long. Just one pay hunt operation running 10 hunters per week during the season would account for 160 of those out of state license sales. If there are 250 pay hunt operations (my guess is that it is way higher than that) there's 40,000 licenses and the majority of your out of state license sales.

Which part of the state do you hunt?.......Because there's a LOT of out state hunters occupying the clubs in the counties around me

BTW……I think you’re WAY overestimating the pay hunt operations…..They don’t run nearly that many hunters through. I doubt there’s as many total operations as you’re estimating either…..There really aint that many down here where I’m at and I’m in one of the best locations for it…..I mean, there are some but its only a handful of them….not dozens upon dozens……My guess for why is because its probably not really that lucrative anymore and becoming less and less. Just like we’re talking about in the other thread…..its hard to find folks to pay top dollar to go on a mediocre hunt where they might have a chance at a 115” eight point.

We dont rent pigs