Originally Posted by mw2015
I’m from out of state FL and maybe get up once or twice a year for a total of 2 weeks or so to hunt my club because of the distance. We have several South and Central Florida members and we all get along with our AL member brothers who are like extended family. We all kill deer and all get along. As far as killing too many deer our 2 problem children are local AL with more than a dozen cameras out that feel they have to kill their limit of deer like it’s a killing competition. Even our AL members are not happy with them. Most of the FL folks killed 1 or 2 does and 2 of us were fortunate enough to kill 1 nice buck each. Some killed nothing. We’re not up enough to hurt our club’s deer population. Thankfully our AL members are not like CNC. They know we drive long distance, have limited time, pay a lot of money on licenses and lease costs and want us to take some meat back. I pay a lot of money to kill anywhere from 0-3 deer a year in AL and spend a lot of money in local stores and restaurants and at the processor. We help your local businesses but I certainly wouldn’t spend $1400 for a nonresident license to hunt AL or buy a license if restricted to a certain number of deer because I’m nonresident. That’s stupid and bs. Stop blaming out of state for your lower deer numbers and look at your locals who hunt every day or week. Out of state hunters aren’t going to have the time to kill enough deer to hurt your numbers but they will help your local economy.

Every situation is different, but I definitely don’t think out of state hunters are a problem in Alabama. I agree with you.