Originally Posted by BigEd
Originally Posted by Squeaky
No!

I hunt a state that requires you to tag the deer. I have seen in the past where in the case a local lives close or on the property shoot deer, load them up with no tag and off to the skinning shed. A tag does nothing if there is not a game warden there to enforce the rule. The fines are pretty stiff in said state and that still does not prevent the poaching. They know the likelihood of being checked is slim to none. The state understaffed on GW just like AL. When folks are never checked it does not take long for the unethical folks to figure it out.

All the above can be said for AL. You can't even report a known poacher in our state and have anything done about it.

Where I hunt the deer we kill never see the back of a truck. No big deal to tag one, but loading up and taking to a check station would most likely not happen. Wouldn't mind dropping off the jawbone or whatever else they wanted at my convenience.

We used to have to do the check station thing in Missouri. We had to drive 15 miles and wait 2-3 hours in line to check them in. I’m sure that will go over well in Rural Alabama!!

It's hard to kiss the lips at night that chews your a$$ all day long.