AU at one time had a good CJ school, I know because that is where I got my Bachelors. AUM and Faulkner in Montgomery also have good CJ programs. I'm not speaking because I'm not a bammer fan, but the truth is bammer's CJ program is not all that well regarded by the professionals. At one time, a while back they were in trouble for something, but that may have been their police academy and not the school. People that get degrees in Accounting or Computer Science are also sought after by agencies. Tell him to keep his nose clean and watch his social media postings because those do matter on the better agency background checks.

Tell him to get his degree and then look for a City that requires a degree. They tend to be the most professional. A few years in those places and he can move on to bigger things if he chooses. I would suggest US Marshals or Postal Inspector. Tell him learning a foreign language will help land a federal job.

I'll be glad to answer any questions y'all may have. A Bachelors from AU then Masters at AUM and then Adjunct Instructor at Faulkner so I've been around the academic as well as the practicing side of LE. ;

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.