Originally Posted by Ol' Skinny
Needed a new roof .... I saw a company putting a roof on just down the road "Atlas" roofing ... told the guy I need to know what it was going to cost to get it replaced. He said, I can get this taken care of for you as hail damage. (Roof was old) He asked for my insurance information and said he would be in touch after he went up and took a look. Insurance company sent someone out, they denied it. He protested the denial. Insurance company sent a second person out, denied. He hired an independent inspector to come out and write a report. Next thing I knew there was a check for $37,000 in the mailbox. All I paid out of pocket was the deductible. I have looked all through my wallet hoping I could give you the guys name. It was the most seamless well executed process I have ever been involved with. Guys showed up and knocked it out of the park, cleaned up and were gone. ATLAS ROOFING .. I was living in Highland Lakes at the time in Birmingham. (This was about 2 years ago) .

And this my friends is why insurance companies act the way they do.

The poster admits this was just an old roof, yet shady contractors figure out a way to dupe the carrier. Good for you ol skinny…but this is why everyone’s rates are going sky high.

Insurance is not a pay as you go roofing replacement plan.