Originally Posted by abolt300
Originally Posted by Nightwatchman
No idea why you would say "3 buck limit" when you really dont want people killing 3 bucks after all. That doesnt make any sense.

While you're at it, maybe you can try to get the state to outlaw side by sides, 4wd trucks and bolt action rifles. Those things make deer hunting easier too. Wouldn't want someone to make their way down a muddy road in a Z71 to get closer to where a deer might live

You better not have owned a single trail camera in the last 10 years if you are gonna stick to your guns saying they should be illegal.

And dont feed me that line of BS that they are a good management tool but "shouldnt be used to actually take deer."....I have never in my life been sitting on the couch, got a pic of a deer and then thought to (or even been able to) run out there and kill it. But what I have been able to do is get a pic of one texted to me so I don't have to drive to the property every weekend to check a camera.

You cant legislate people into hunting deer ethically, all you're doing is making it harder on the good guys.

A lot of people on here are adamant about keeping the 3 buck limit and actually feel that there should not be any buck limit. There are also plenty of proponents for essentially unlimited doe killing and a deer season lasting 4 full months with 3 of those months being gun season. This is an exchange of ideas, so y'all step up and change some minds. I'd like for some of y'all to step up and please explain why there is a need and why it is so vitally important that someone should be able to kill 3 bucks in a season, and exactly how that and how keeping the current regulations actually help Alabama's deer herd and protect and improve the resource, not only for our hunting over the next 2-10 yrs but for future generations too.

I've got no problem with someone shooting a 2 yr old buck, their first buck, their best buck, or whatever. I'll be happy for them, even if it was something that I'd never think about shooting, and it should be celebrated if the hunter is happy. But explain why a grown man needs to shoot a 90" 2 yr old 8 point (no problem there, if that buck floats their boat) but then they follow it up with a 1.5 yr old 4 point and a 2 yr old 6 point. Like I said, how does that help improve the state's already piss poor buck/doe ratio and buck age structure, or otherwise maintain or improve the overall health and population of the state's deer herd?

I don't have a problem with the current 3 buck rule...I have a problem with making things illegal under the guise of "its getting too many deer killed". We are all supposed to only be shooting 3 per person anyway. We already have a rule in place.

I do not know why that is so hard for yall to grasp

We have a rule that says you can only shoot 3....but we are still going to make them harder to kill so less of them get killed? If that is the case then 3 is too many. Hence, it doesn't make sense to say "you can shoot three and that is the limit, but we need more rules to make sure everyone doesn't actually kill 3"

Id rather you drop the limit to 2 rather than start banning stuff we have already spent money on