</a JR Holmes Oil Company </a Shark Guard Southeast Woods and Whitetail Mayer Insurance Services LLC
Aldeer Classifieds
Justin Timberlake Tickets - Atlanta
by ACT3. 06/05/24 09:17 PM
DEF Tank, Pump, and Heater
by rutwad. 06/05/24 09:08 PM
Weatherby Vanguard 270
by Chickenrig. 06/05/24 04:28 PM
LT275/65R20 Goodyear AT 10ply
by Brian_C. 06/05/24 02:57 PM
2006 sea ray 205
by klay. 06/05/24 02:22 PM
Serious Deer Talk
Fawn Predation
by Tigger85. 06/05/24 09:32 PM
Here you go CNC
by CNC. 06/05/24 09:23 PM
New Tracking Rules
by loprofile. 06/05/24 06:51 PM
Blood Trailing Breeds
by cartervj. 06/05/24 06:42 PM
Permission to retrieve deer
by Mbrock. 06/05/24 04:42 PM
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Land, Leases, Hunting Clubs
Wayne county tn leases
by brushwhacker. 06/05/24 06:13 PM
Looking for a couple guys
by MoeBuck. 05/25/24 06:25 PM
Tunnel Springs 1 more member
by extreme heights hunter. 05/23/24 10:17 AM
Iso
by AustinC. 05/21/24 05:01 PM
Marengo County Club
by EarlPitts. 05/17/24 04:02 PM
Who's Online Now
9 registered members (hoggin, sanderson, headshot, BamaGuitarDude, Tree Dweller, fur_n_feathers, kaintuck, 2 invisible), 526 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Active shooter Joel osteen church [Re: jwalker77] #4082083
02/11/24 09:17 PM
02/11/24 09:17 PM
Louisiana/Clarke
Spec Offline
8 point
Spec  Offline
8 point
Louisiana/Clarke
Originally Posted by jwalker77
Originally Posted by Booger
Satan appears to be the head of that group anyway. I’ve never, EVER heard Joel present the gospel. I’ve never heard him say Jesus died for the sins of the world.

After reading this, i couldnt remember him talking much about Jesus either. I googled it. He does say Jesus is the only way to God. Theres an interview with oprah, and i personally despise her, but he tells oprah Jesus is the only way and he also says homosexuality is a sin, according to the bible. I enjoy hearing Joel Olsteen. Hes a pretty good inspirational speaker. But ive always thought his message would be more for someone who is already a christian. Ive never heard much out of him that would lead a lost person to salvation. Im a little different than most though, i try not to look for the differences or the way to be against the other christian. I try not to dwell on the differences. I believe youll fid something you dont agree with in just about every message any preacher preaches. Theres certainly many different styles of preaching, you wont like all of them. But i can generally find some good in all of them and i try to focus on that part.

I agree. judge and you will be judged

Re: Active shooter Joel osteen church [Re: Spec] #4082096
02/11/24 09:37 PM
02/11/24 09:37 PM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Offline
Booner
M
Chilton County
Originally Posted by Spec
Satan appears to be the head of that group anyway. I’ve never, EVER heard Joel present the gospel. I’ve never heard him say Jesus died for the sins of the world.

After reading this, i couldnt remember him talking much about Jesus either. I googled it. He does say Jesus is the only way to God. Theres an interview with oprah, and i personally despise her, but he tells oprah Jesus is the only way and he also says homosexuality is a sin, according to the bible. I enjoy hearing Joel Olsteen. Hes a pretty good inspirational speaker. But ive always thought his message would be more for someone who is already a christian. Ive never heard much out of him that would lead a lost person to salvation. Im a little different than most though, i try not to look for the differences or the way to be against the other christian. I try not to dwell on the differences. I believe youll fid something you dont agree with in just about every message any preacher preaches. Theres certainly many different styles of preaching, you wont like all of them. But i can generally find some good in all of them and i try to focus on that part.

Osteen says there "are many paths to Jesus". Says "homosexuals will be in heaven".
https://youtu.be/7XXUfTNCkzc?si=DrBq7iQzhC324f3A

Regarding judgment, we ARE supposed to judge righteously, just not hypocritically.

Matthew 7:1-6, Jesus teaches how to judge.

John 7:24, Jesus commands us to judge.

1 Corinthians 2:15-16, Judging is the character of being spiritual.

1 Corinthians 5:12-13, We are to judge those in the church.

1 Corinthians 6:5, We are to judge matters between brothers.

2 Corinthians 11:4, We are to judge doctrine and teaching.

1 John 2:18-20, We are to judge false Christians.

Matthew 7:15-16, We are to judge false teachers.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton
Re: Active shooter Joel osteen church [Re: woodduck] #4082106
02/11/24 09:49 PM
02/11/24 09:49 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Are yousaying if a homosexual gets saved they wont go to heaven? Or do you think getting saved makes a homosexual suddenly go straight? He said hohosexuality is a sin, just like other sins. That is the truth. Do you believe that if a hoosexual gets saved and does his/her best to fight that temptation but fails at some time, hee/she then loses their salvation? What about a drug addict? Same question. What about a normal old sex addict? Same question. They get saved and fight the good fight but slip up, are they excluded from heaven then? And every different person s life who finds Jesus took a different path. Theres no problem there. There were quite a few different paths to Jesus in the bible, one man found him sitting in a tree, a woman at a well, one man was loewred through the roof of a house, one man didnt come at all, his master went and the Lord healed the man just because of his masters faith.

Re: Active shooter Joel osteen church [Re: Spec] #4082108
02/11/24 09:54 PM
02/11/24 09:54 PM
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...
bill Offline
Freak of Nature
bill  Offline
Freak of Nature
Clarksville, TN /Greenville, ...
Originally Posted by Spec

I'll judge. By the way "Judge not Lest ye be judged" doesn't mean we can't judge right from wrong or corrupt doctrine from correct doctrine.

https://youtu.be/6k48OWQxIMs?si=AFbrmEuDbl6pLur0

Did they ever find out who hid the money?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/03/us/joel-osteen-cash-found-plumber.html

He is a heretic. He rarely ever mentions Jesus but even when he does he never speaks about sin. He teaches a partial Goapl which is no Gospel at all.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Joel-Osteen.html

"Political debate: when charlatans come together to discuss their principles"
-
Bauvard
Re: Active shooter Joel osteen church [Re: jwalker77] #4082112
02/11/24 09:56 PM
02/11/24 09:56 PM
AL
J
jhardy Offline
6 point
jhardy  Offline
6 point
J
AL
Are yousaying if a homosexual gets saved they wont go to heaven? Or do you think getting saved makes a homosexual suddenly go straight? He said hohosexuality is a sin, just like other sins. That is the truth. Do you believe that if a hoosexual gets saved and does his/her best to fight that temptation but fails at some time, hee/she then loses their salvation? What about a drug addict? Same question. What about a normal old sex addict? Same question. They get saved and fight the good fight but slip up, are they excluded from heaven then? And every different person s life who finds Jesus took a different path. Theres no problem there. There were quite a few different paths to Jesus in the bible, one man found him sitting in a tree, a woman at a well, one man was loewred through the roof of a house, one man didnt come at all, his master went and the Lord healed the man just because of his masters faith.

Looks like he quoted a lot of scripture. Don’t think Mark is saying much. He is quoting scripture where God is declaring His word.

Re: Active shooter Joel osteen church [Re: jwalker77] #4082113
02/11/24 09:57 PM
02/11/24 09:57 PM
Georgia and Missouri
Semo Offline
12 point
Semo  Offline
12 point
Georgia and Missouri

Yep, I think gay sex is gross too. But, sin is sin and I am no better than a gay man.

Re: Active shooter Joel osteen church [Re: jwalker77] #4082128
02/11/24 10:08 PM
02/11/24 10:08 PM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Offline
Booner
M
Chilton County

If someone is living an ONGOING, UNREPENTANT LIFESTYLE of sin, they are not born-again. Salvation involves a turning away from sin. "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature. The old has passed and the new has come." - 2 Corinthians 5:17. Sure, we will still sin, yet less and less, but when we do, we run to the Lord in repentance.

There is only ONE path to God, not many, and that is through Jesus Christ (John 14:6). I've never seen any Pastor waffle on such easy questions to answer. The examples you gave are valid, but Osteen was very vague and left a lot of ambiguity in implying that a Muslim, a Hindu, etc. can go to heaven.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
-G. K. Chesterton
Re: Active shooter Joel osteen church [Re: woodduck] #4082131
02/11/24 10:09 PM
02/11/24 10:09 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Im not saying Joel Osteen is any kind of great man or anything like that. I could say alot bad about him, i reckon, but i wont. I said i enjoy listen ing to him, and i do. I find his sermons uplifting. I will say this though, in America, if youre famous, theres always someone there with a camera looking for a mistake they can exploit. I praise God im not famous. I dont even feel worthy to go sit in Gods house on sunday morning and worship him. If yall folloewd me around, i promise youd see some flaws. Ill leave judgement for God. And i understand the scriptures Mark mentioned. If asked or if instructed by Gd, i will tell the truth, and have. But i will also do my best to love my neighbors and theyre all sinners.

Re: Active shooter Joel osteen church [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4082136
02/11/24 10:12 PM
02/11/24 10:12 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Originally Posted by MarksOutdoors

If someone is living an ONGOING, UNREPENTANT LIFESTYLE of sin, they are not born-again. Salvation involves a turning away from sin. "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature. The old has passed and the new has come." - 2 Corinthians 5:17. Sure, we will still sin, yet less and less, but when we do, we run to the Lord in repentance.

There is only ONE path to God, not many, and that is through Jesus Christ (John 14:6). I've never seen any Pastor waffle on such easy questions to answer. The examples you gave are valid, but Osteen was very vague and left a lot of ambiguity in implying that a Muslim, a Hindu, etc. can go to heaven.

Now youre getting away from what he said, that in itsrlf is a lie, a sin. He said there were many paths to Jesus. He said Jesus was the path to God. Mark, have you sinned since you got saved? Have you ever looked at a woman and lusted? Have you ever bared false witness? Well yeah, you just did. You changed what another man said so you could be right. That is baring false witness.

Re: Active shooter Joel osteen church [Re: jwalker77] #4082140
02/11/24 10:14 PM
02/11/24 10:14 PM
AL
J
jhardy Offline
6 point
jhardy  Offline
6 point
J
AL
Im not saying Joel Osteen is any kind of great man or anything like that. I could say alot bad about him, i reckon, but i wont. I said i enjoy listen ing to him, and i do. I find his sermons uplifting. I will say this though, in America, if youre famous, theres always someone there with a camera looking for a mistake they can exploit. I praise God im not famous. I dont even feel worthy to go sit in Gods house on sunday morning and worship him. If yall folloewd me around, i promise youd see some flaws. Ill leave judgement for God. And i understand the scriptures Mark mentioned. If asked or if instructed by Gd, i will tell the truth, and have. But i will also do my best to love my neighbors and theyre all sinners.

Condemning an unrepentant life or someone preaching heresy is loving them. You want them to repent and turn to God in both situations. Loving is NOT patting them on the back and telling them everything will be okay.

Re: Active shooter Joel osteen church [Re: woodduck] #4082144
02/11/24 10:16 PM
02/11/24 10:16 PM
AL
J
jhardy Offline
6 point
jhardy  Offline
6 point
J
AL
JW, check out his Larry King interview. There are others too.

Re: Active shooter Joel osteen church [Re: jwalker77] #4082145
02/11/24 10:17 PM
02/11/24 10:17 PM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Offline
Booner
M
Chilton County

JWalker, I respect you and I think you try and live out what you say you believe. Sermons should not simply be for uplifting. Unfortunately, too many are. Sermons should not be about us and what we can get out of it. It's not OUR story, but HIS story. Every sermon should diminish us and proclaim Jesus Christ and lead us to "repent and believe the Gospel" (Mark 1:15).

BTW, what did Osteen mean by "many paths"? He didn't specify so you freely interpreted one way and I interpreted it another.

-G. K. Chesterton
Re: Active shooter Joel osteen church [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4082157
02/11/24 10:27 PM
02/11/24 10:27 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama

JWalker, I respect you and I think you try and live out what you say you believe. Sermons should not simply be for uplifting. Unfortunately, too many are. Sermons should not be about us and what we can get out of it. It's not OUR story, but HIS story. Every sermon should diminish us and proclaim Jesus Christ and lead us to "repent and believe the Gospel" (Mark 1:15).

BTW, what did Osteen mean by "many paths"? He didn't specify.

Well, were starting to get on the same page, i dont know if what hes doing is preaching at all. The word "preach" by definition is to make a declaration. I dont know if hes doing that most of the time, not declaring Jesus anyhow. But i do enjoy listening to him, then again i am a saved person and im fairly grounded in what i believe. I have no idea about his financial matters, or any of the other faults people hold against him. If im flipping through channels and hes on one, sometimes i stop and listen and i enjoy it, same with TD Jakes, Creflo Dollar and half a dozen others. I listen to what they say, measure against the word of God and try to use the good out of each. But like i said, theres usually a little bit in each i dont agree with 100%. Dont think im trying to lift Osteen up or say hes a great example, im not. I enjoy listening to him. Thats it.

Re: Active shooter Joel osteen church [Re: woodduck] #4082177
02/11/24 10:41 PM
02/11/24 10:41 PM
Marion, Fayette, Lamar, piddli...
Lonster Offline
12 point
Lonster  Offline
12 point
Marion, Fayette, Lamar, piddli...
I take two “Bibles” with me to church every Sunday.

This is one of them:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Active shooter Joel osteen church [Re: jwalker77] #4082178
02/11/24 10:42 PM
Chilton County
M
MarksOutdoors Offline
Booner
MarksOutdoors  Offline
Booner
M
Chilton County

Well, were starting to get on the same page, i dont know if what hes doing is preaching at all. The word "preach" by definition is to make a declaration. I dont know if hes doing that most of the time, not declaring Jesus anyhow. But i do enjoy listening to him, then again i am a saved person and im fairly grounded in what i believe. I have no idea about his financial matters, or any of the other faults people hold against him. If im flipping through channels and hes on one, sometimes i stop and listen and i enjoy it, same with TD Jakes, Creflo Dollar and half a dozen others. I listen to what they say, measure against the word of God and try to use the good out of each. But like i said, theres usually a little bit in each i dont agree with 100%. Dont think im trying to lift Osteen up or say hes a great example, im not. I enjoy listening to him. Thats it.

Look into TD Jakes. He doesn't believe in the Trinity. He believes in something different called "modalism". He also says, "LGBT’s of different types and sorts have to find a place of worship that reflects what your views are and what you believe like anyone else,". https://bereanresearch.org/t-d-jake...lgbt-churches-says-position-is-evolving/

Creflo Dollar is a prosperity preacher. He said, "“Jesus bled and died for us so that we can lay claim to the promise of financial prosperity."
https://bereanresearch.org/unrepentant-creflo-dollar-still-says-jesus-died-to-make-us-rich/

Big red flags with both of those guys. There are much better teachers out there.

-G. K. Chesterton
Re: Active shooter Joel osteen church [Re: woodduck] #4082179
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama
Thats a pretty good idea Lonster

Re: Active shooter Joel osteen church [Re: MarksOutdoors] #4082184
02/11/24 10:51 PM
02/11/24 10:51 PM
blount county alabama
jwalker77 Offline
Pumpkin
jwalker77  Offline
Pumpkin
blount county alabama

Look into TD Jakes. He doesn't believe in the Trinity. He believes in something different called "modalism". He also says, "LGBT’s of different types and sorts have to find a place of worship that reflects what your views are and what you believe like anyone else,". https://bereanresearch.org/t-d-jake...lgbt-churches-says-position-is-evolving/

Creflo Dollar is a prosperity preacher. He said, "“Jesus bled and died for us so that we can lay claim to the promise of financial prosperity."
https://bereanresearch.org/unrepentant-creflo-dollar-still-says-jesus-died-to-make-us-rich/

Big red flags with both of those guys. There are much better teachers out there.

I see you do the same as me, you listen to them and measure their sermon against the Word. Why do you keep trying to make me wrong? I said i do exactly what you just did every time i listen to them. Do you believe there is a perfect church that has everything 100% right or a preacher who preaches the word 100% right? I know theres not. In the letters to the seven churches in Revelations, which one was it he told "yall have it all just right, just keep going like youre going?" Every preacher is a man, made of flesh, just like you and me. And, even though being led by the spirit when preaching(or should be anyhow) they are still made of flesh with their own opinions. I reckon thats why it tells us to "rightly divide the word of God" and "let the Word of God be the truth and every man a liar".

Re: Active shooter Joel osteen church [Re: Lonster] #4082194
02/11/24 11:01 PM
02/11/24 11:01 PM
Ourtown, AL
BCLC Offline
Old Mossy Horns
BCLC  Offline
Old Mossy Horns
Ourtown, AL
Originally Posted by Lonster

This is one of them:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That’s slick!

We’re not dead. We just smell that way. Dayum. - AC870

Yessir! I’m always gonna shoot what makes me happy and I want everyone else to do the same! If you shoot one be proud of it and don’t worry what anyone else thinks. - SJ22
Re: Active shooter Joel osteen church [Re: BCLC] #4082225
02/12/24 12:40 AM
02/12/24 12:40 AM
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
jawbone Offline
Freak of Nature
jawbone  Offline
Freak of Nature
Fayetteville TN Via Selma
Originally Posted by BCLC
Originally Posted by Lonster

This is one of them:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That’s slick!

Where does one get one of those?

Lord, please help us get our nation straightened out.
Re: Active shooter Joel osteen church [Re: woodduck] #4082226
02/12/24 12:49 AM
02/12/24 12:49 AM
behind my Dillon
dave260rem! Offline
Skinny’s Ex
dave260rem!  Offline
Skinny’s Ex
behind my Dillon
Don't really care for organized religion not real fond of sitting with my back to the door not a fan of being around situational unaware people or folks who remain in condition white ALL the time. Paranoid? Nah just a healthy respect for what can happen. Yeah I sit near the kitchen in restaurants cause it has cover and another exit and communication. I figure Jesus understands.

Skinny is my EX.Alcohol was involved.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Aldeer.com Copyright 2001-2024 Aldeer LLP.