You'll notice that most people who dog hunt themselves think it's no problem. Most people who don't dog hunt think it impacts everyone around them. In areas with dog hunting my experience has been daylight activity is mostly going to be deer slipping through very cautiously or bounding away from barking dogs. Very little relaxed use of fields/open areas in daylight. This is coming from a western part of the state that used to have dog hunting but no longer does. I know some guys who used to hunt in a dog club back in the day and they say the same thing. They saw a lot of deer with the dogs, and it was action packed/fun/like a party, but switching to tree stand hunting allowed them to see more deer in a more natural state. Personally, I have no problem with dog hunting... if you can keep the dogs on your own place. I've just never seen it though I'm sure someone somewhere does it right. You need a massive block of land.

Funny story - my grandad owned some land in a dog hunting county. Basically an old family piece. He visited it and when he gets there a truck pulls up.

The Truck: "Hey... you've gotta get out of here... this is mister [Smith's] place, and only we have permission to hunt it"
Grandad: "Oh really. How do you know mister [Smith]"
The Truck: "We're friends with him and go way back. You've gotta leave"
Grandad: "Do you know how I could get in touch with him? What does he look like?"
The Truck: "Not telling you"
Grandad: "That's funny... because you're talking to him"

rofl